NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Back From Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
karr0099

karr0099 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxCTM View Post
Yeah I'm wondering this as well...

A girl who just graduated boot camp came into the recruiting station while I was there and she said she was never offered the advancement test(s). I'm getting a little worried because my recruiter says he doesn't have a PQS to give me?
Okay you don't take a test to advance to E-2 or E-3 you do have to take a test to get to E-4 though and above. And those tests are based on your rate. Like for me I'm an AE so whatever test i have to take will be based on AE knowledge.
karr0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #2
FutureHM

FutureHM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by karr0099 View Post
Okay you don't take a test to advance to E-2 or E-3 you do have to take a test to get to E-4 though and above. And those tests are based on your rate. Like for me I'm an AE so whatever test i have to take will be based on AE knowledge.
He/she is talking about the written test and physical test you have to pass to get to E-2 while at basic. There is nothing about E-3 they are asking, and E-4 is completely out there.
FutureHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
bronxCTM

bronxCTM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureHM View Post
He/she is talking about the written test and physical test you have to pass to get to E-2 while at basic. There is nothing about E-3 they are asking, and E-4 is completely out there.
Correct, and yes, I am a he.

Yeah I was talking about the E2 advancement test in boot camp. I forgot about the PQS in the back of the START guide....I need to work on that. So since its not really multiple choice, but rather "explain this, that, etc," do I just do that--explain and demonstrate and recite all the things that it asks for to my recruiter and have him sign off on it for me?
bronxCTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:19 AM   #4
Angst

Angst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxCTM View Post
Correct, and yes, I am a he.

Yeah I was talking about the E2 advancement test in boot camp. I forgot about the PQS in the back of the START guide....I need to work on that. So since its not really multiple choice, but rather "explain this, that, etc," do I just do that--explain and demonstrate and recite all the things that it asks for to my recruiter and have him sign off on it for me?
It's drawn off of the start guide. It will be a little bit of everything. You will have plenty of time to study before you take the test. Most people pass the test but fail the pfa because you aren't well rested, and lack of sleep is still a new hurdle. If you're lucky enough to spend two weeks in p-hold, your pre-bootcamp workout routine will be for nothing, as you will lose mass, run slower, etc. You don't exercise until you clear medical.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote