NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-11-2014, 03:00 AM   #1
jody13

jody13 is on a distinguished road

Hi ctt1
Thanks so much for the info. Ur so awesome for all the info u give everyone. I'm so excited for my daughter. Her decision to join the Navy came out of no where. She's a maui girl and it seemed scarey at first but I'm really happy she will serve our great country and do something unique. She wants me to join with her. Lol. Will this rate provide her opportunities after her 4 years if she doesn't continue in the Navy. Her uncle works as a civilian for the Navy but had a different rate. Can she become an officer later on without a degree. . Thanks again..jody
jody13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #2
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody13 View Post
Hi ctt1
Thanks so much for the info. Ur so awesome for all the info u give everyone. I'm so excited for my daughter. Her decision to join the Navy came out of no where. She's a maui girl and it seemed scarey at first but I'm really happy she will serve our great country and do something unique. She wants me to join with her. Lol. Will this rate provide her opportunities after her 4 years if she doesn't continue in the Navy. Her uncle works as a civilian for the Navy but had a different rate. Can she become an officer later on without a degree. . Thanks again..jody
Jody,

Any branch of CT is in great position to obtain a federal job after their service. Our security clearance alone can be worth $50,000 to $100,000 to a potential employer (as in, they won't have to pay that much for a civilian to obtain a clearance). So yes, job prospects shouldn't be too hard.

As far as becoming an officer without a degree? The only ways that happen are if she were to go Limited Duty Officer (LDO) or Chief Warrant Officer (CWO). Both of which however require years and experience as a sailor (CWO specifically you have to make Chief before you're eligible). These would be moves she would be making around the 10-13 year mark in the Navy (each Sailor is different however)

NAVPERS15627-A and OPNAVINST 1420.1B both give an overview of what these programs entail.
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:52 AM   #3
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Where are my future Spooks?!
Old 07-15-2014, 05:01 AM   #4
jody13

jody13 is on a distinguished road

Hi ctt1.. Thanks again. .I guess I'm getting ahead of myself about the officer question. I looked on the ship date schedule and there's only 3 for the year on this site going in as a ctt. . From my investigation on line the past few months there aren't too many of u spooks. . How long have u been in the Navy. . Its it true if the kid gets stationed in the east coast that would take her to Europe. She's panicking that she'll get stationed in Hawaii. . Lol. . She's trying to leave here. And doesn't really want to go to Asia. .
jody13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:55 AM   #5
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody13 View Post
Hi ctt1.. Thanks again. .I guess I'm getting ahead of myself about the officer question. I looked on the ship date schedule and there's only 3 for the year on this site going in as a ctt. . From my investigation on line the past few months there aren't too many of u spooks. . How long have u been in the Navy. . Its it true if the kid gets stationed in the east coast that would take her to Europe. She's panicking that she'll get stationed in Hawaii. . Lol. . She's trying to leave here. And doesn't really want to go to Asia. .
Jody,

As far as going to Europe, you're correct in assuming that the East Coast fleet is what will take you there. There are also ships stationed in Rota, Spain (DDGs), so I would try and see if she can request orders over there if Europe is something shes's really interested in. And even if she doesn't get everything she wants on that first tour, you can always pick shore duty in Europe after you wrap up your first sea tour.

I wouldn't stress about getting sent to Hawaii if she's not trying to get it though. It doesn't have as many surface ships as the other bases and there's also a few thousand sailors who would love to take those orders if she doesn't. They aren't exactly hurting for people over there haha

/r
CTT1

Last edited by FlyNavy; 07-16-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

Reposting for visibility purposes.

/r
CTT1
Old 07-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #7
jr805

jr805 is on a distinguished road

Any info on ctm? that's the rate i'm seriously interested in.
jr805 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cryptologic, ctm, ctn, ctr, ctt