NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Nuclear Program (NUC) > NUKE = NUCLEAR POWER FIELD

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 06-02-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
Jamee

Jamee is on a distinguished road
Cool Financial Waivers.......FML!!

Soooooo here's the good news.....

I officially dep'd in on Friday so I am officially Future Sailor Bynum!!!!!

Now here's the bad news......

Having auto-qual'd on the ASVAB, gone through all the waiver processes with flying colors, and waiting.....and waiting.... and waiting some more I fully intended on signing my NUKE contract.......
Well .....I didn't.

Because I was more than 180 days past due on an old credit card I had to put in a waiver for that and sign for a different rate (AECF) until my waiver comes back!!!

What sucks the most and what pisses me off about this whole thing is I paid off that card in full back in 2012 and the account has since been closed.

My question is why does this matter?? And about how long should it take for my waiver to be approved??

I was assured by pretty much everyone that it's not a matter of if it will be approved but rather when it will be approved. I'm no stranger to waiting it's just been one brick wall after another throughout this entire process and honestly my fists are killing me!! <-------- (Get it??!!! Hahahaha Cause I punched the walls......cause I'm strong.......nevermind.)
Jamee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

The reasoning behind why the US government is so harsh against even the smallest financial issues is because you're required to hold a Secret security clearance as a Nuke... and as history has shown again and again, the vast majority of spies have betrayed their country due to financial issues. I can understand the frustration when your issue is so minor... and it will likely be cleared with a waiver... but you're dealing with documented incidences that have made even the smallest financial blemish a major red flag.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
Jamee

Jamee is on a distinguished road

Well that makes sense...........but I promise and guarantee no amount of money could ever make me risk my nice comfy federal job, benefits, and the safety and security of my family!!

Plus prison??

Ain't nobody got time for that!!!!
Jamee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #4
drego86

drego86 is on a distinguished road

The waiver will get approved and you'll get switched to nuke. I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as your ship date is not sometime soon, you'll be fine.
drego86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #5
blitz023

blitz023 is on a distinguished road

How long can they hold you for these cases? Let's say for example I want to re-rate to a rating with secret clearance 6 years from now and my credit score improves, or does this stay for life?
blitz023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:54 PM   #6
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Secret goes back 7 years... Top Secret goes back 10 years. It'll probably have to be mentioned, but several years of financial responsibility should mitigate one small issue.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dep, financial, nuke, waiver