NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Challenge Coins

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
DevilDoc Mom

DevilDoc Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
They will not present it to him. Only you can present it to him.

The USS Chicago Ship 7 is getting minted now

I am now designing the USS Kearsarge Ship 11.

The company, PIRGifts, is really easy to work with. So, I will find out what one they want me to do next. I will
bend their ear to make the USS Reuben James Ship 2 higher on their list. I'm not really sure their game plan, but
I do have a lot of pull with them.
Can't wait to see the coin for Ship 11. This was my son's ship when at Great Lakes last year. Is there a date set for it's release?
DevilDoc Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Soon to be ABE

Soon to be ABE is on a distinguished road

Craig how do i get this coin i just graduated today and i was in the USS TRITON
Soon to be ABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
Craig
Administrator

Craig has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon to be ABE View Post
Craig how do i get this coin i just graduated today and i was in the USS TRITON
ABE - I just design them and quality control them. I have rejected so many so far because I don't like how they look. Luckily, the company is allowing me to do this. The company, called PIRGifts, actually sells them on Ebay. Just go to Ebay and type USS Triton Ship 12 and it will come up.

Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Craig
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDoc Mom View Post
Can't wait to see the coin for Ship 11. This was my son's ship when at Great Lakes last year. Is there a date set for it's release?
It will be released next month. I had to reject the design since they forgot to put the "T" in Commitment. Here is what a coin looks like that is hand edged (cut). This is the last step before they actually print 10 samples with color. You can see the mold is gold, when the coin is actually stuck it's silver. You can see the "T" is missing.

The USS Arizona Ship 14 is finally getting released next Monday, Sept 24th. Here is what it will look like.
I think it came out real nice. It funny when you see them in gold they look terrible, but when it if finally
made silver and painted it comes out really nice.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
DevilDoc Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
It will be released next month. I had to reject the design since they forgot to put the "T" in Commitment. Here is what a coin looks like that is hand edged (cut). This is the last step before they actually print 10 samples with color. You can see the mold is gold, when the coin is actually stuck it's silver. You can see the "T" is missing.

The USS Arizona Ship 14 is finally getting released next Monday, Sept 24th. Here is what it will look like.
I think it came out real nice. It funny when you see them in gold they look terrible, but when it if finally
made silver and painted it comes out really nice.
Thanks Craig! I'm looking forward to it's release- plan on using it as part of my son's Christmas.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
haup9

haup9 is on a distinguished road

Craig is there any update on the Reuben James coin? Really looking forward to seeing what you came up with from all of the suggestions on N4M...can't find the link to that anymore tho.
haup9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #7
Craig
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haup9 View Post
Craig is there any update on the Reuben James coin? Really looking forward to seeing what you came up with from all of the suggestions on N4M...can't find the link to that anymore tho.
Sorry about that, I thought you saw it in the Challenge coin section.
Here is what it looks like. It came out nice.
They are currently selling it on Ebay. Here is the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140856957736

btw: You can see all the different coins I came up with if you click the link that says "See sellers other items". They are
selling the all now.
I actually just finished the USS Marvin Shields Ship 13, and now working on the USS Hopper Ship 3 now. PIRGifts keeps hassling me
to get them done.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
haup9

haup9 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the link Craig. I know you have a ton on your plate and I appreciate the assistance. I wanted to let you know there is a 900 Division Facebook page that the coin has been posted to. I imagine they will see sales skyrocket on that coin now. LOL.

I mentioned you the page to since you designed them. Here is a link to the page if you want to join it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/900Division/
haup9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
Craig
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haup9 View Post
Thanks for the link Craig. I know you have a ton on your plate and I appreciate the assistance. I wanted to let you know there is a 900 Division Facebook page that the coin has been posted to. I imagine they will see sales skyrocket on that coin now. LOL.

I mentioned you the page to since you designed them. Here is a link to the page if you want to join it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/900Division/
Thanks for the link. I always wonder what people think of the coin.
I've been so busy trying to get the last coins done, so I won't be there for a while. I just finished the USS Marvin Shields Ship 13. I think the Seabee with the Medal of Honor will really look cool. I tell you these dang coins take so dang long to make, since I have to make the 3D effect on them. Each area of the coin has a different level (there are 6 levels) and each has to have a different numbered (1 thru 6) assigned to it to make the 3D effect and to make the coin look cool. All of them look cool to me, but then again, what else am I suppose to think? Can you imagine me saying they looked really bad? ~ha.....
One thing for sure, these coins will last a lot longer than a water bottle or a t-shirt. I want the new sailors to have them forever... I want their kids to say "boy, that's cool".

I appreciate any mention of them (the coins). I really want to keep NavyDEP running and with PIRGifts help, I know I can.

Last edited by Craig; 10-13-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #10
DevilDoc Mom

Craig- They look great! Can't wait to get the USS Kearsarge Coin- ordered it today. It will be part of my son's Christmas this year. Where can I get the story that goes with the coin? Looking forward to reading about the ship's history. Thanks for all the work you put into these coins!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #11
Craig
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDoc Mom View Post
Craig- They look great! Can't wait to get the USS Kearsarge Coin- ordered it today. It will be part of my son's Christmas this year. Where can I get the story that goes with the coin? Looking forward to reading about the ship's history. Thanks for all the work you put into these coins!
DevilDoc - I'd love to get the stories going. I actually enjoy writing them. However, I need to design all the boot camp coins before I can write the stories behind them. They want the coins designed 1st.

So, the Kearsarge will be written, I just don't know when. I still need the USS Shields, USS Hopper, and the USS Burke done 1st.... but I will have a story written. I want the deppers/sailors to understand the meaning of their ship.