NavyDEP
 

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Hospital Corpsmen G000, L500

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
scalawa
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 4
scalawa is on a distinguished road
Default HMDA what to study???

im going to boot camp as an HMDA, i need to know what resources i should be studying for A and C school?? not a genius so i need to prepare myself as much as i can befor i go to A and C school
scalawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
sweetmtn
Senior Member

 
sweetmtn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N. CA
Posts: 3,724
Rep Power: 382
sweetmtn will become famous soon enough
Default

I cant give you any idea on what to study...but it has been many a new sailors experience that you really dont need to pre-study for anything as they always want you to learn what ever it is.."The Navy Way"..my son found that out even in nuke school! You might just get an idea on some medical terms, maybe some basic biology.
__________________
Proud Military Mom, Navy Vet Justin(MM2n), and Army Vet SSgt Clayton

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
Diesirae27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 127
Rep Power: 17
Diesirae27 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalawa View Post
im going to boot camp as an HMDA, i need to know what resources i should be studying for A and C school?? not a genius so i need to prepare myself as much as i can befor i go to A and C school
http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4749
Diesirae27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
FutureHM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 49
Rep Power: 8
FutureHM is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesirae27 View Post
HM =/= HMDA

I would just follow sweetmtn's advice. There's no need to prepare for A-School when you haven't even done basic yet. Should just take one step at a time.
FutureHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #5
notjustaUSNwife
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 83
Rep Power: 12
notjustaUSNwife is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureHM View Post
HM =/= HMDA

I would just follow sweetmtn's advice. There's no need to prepare for A-School when you haven't even done basic yet. Should just take one step at a time.
While HM and HMDA are not one in the same, HMDA's still go to the same A School as HM's, making the posted thread not entirely useless. Going in HMDA simply means you have a C-School garaunteed in your contract. However, I do agree it's best to be concerned about basic training right now. Take it one day...or school...at a time. Don't get ahead of yourself.
notjustaUSNwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
matzo
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 56
Rep Power: 10
matzo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustaUSNwife View Post
While HM and HMDA are not one in the same, HMDA's still go to the same A School as HM's, making the posted thread not entirely useless. Going in HMDA simply means you have a C-School garaunteed in your contract. However, I do agree it's best to be concerned about basic training right now. Take it one day...or school...at a time. Don't get ahead of yourself.

THIS^
HMDA still go to the same A-school... Studying the manual would not be a bad idea...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHCAfmL2U7I this girl is a HMDA but gives a good look into school
matzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
This site and contents 2009-2014 NavyFamiles