NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Back From Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 01-03-2015, 04:16 AM   #1
Navyftw93

Navyftw93 is on a distinguished road
Default Been back from RTC for almost a month! Dec 2014

Hey everyone I graduated on Dec 12 2014 and i'm currently in IS "A" school. If anyone has any questions let me know and i'll try to answer them to the best of my ability! (: If I can't there are tons of people here who could!

Last edited by LT Guppy; 01-03-2015 at 05:44 AM.
Navyftw93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:04 AM   #2
NavyPanther

NavyPanther has a spectacular aura about

Welcome back

ET3 Pizarro

DEP: 20150127 AECF
Ship: 20150304
Boot camp Graduation: 01MAY2015
ET A School Graduation: 17DEC2015 Distinguished Military Graduate
NavyPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:29 PM   #3
EyramHMDA

EyramHMDA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyftw93 View Post
Hey everyone I graduated on Dec 12 2014 and i'm currently in IS "A" school. If anyone has any questions let me know and i'll try to answer them to the best of my ability! (: If I can't there are tons of people here who could!
I saw a comment of yours on a post, about your wife I leave in less than 3 weeks and am I am figuring out how my spouse is going to pay the rent and other bills. I have her and my little boy as dependents though. So do I need additional document in order to receive the BAH.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #4
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

As long as they are in DEERS they will receive health care and you will receive BAH. It is based on your current zip code.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:30 PM   #5
Navyftw93

Navyftw93 is on a distinguished road

Yeah man (: what's going to happen is they are going to have you set up all the paperwork and everything while you are there in boot. Although, they may not let you send money or anything until Navy fed comes by and you sign up. As soon as all that happens, just let your RDC's know that you need to send some money ASAP for your wife and kid. We had a few who had to send money and they let them go and set it all up at the bank on base (: Just make sure you talk to the RDC's about it though and let them know about your situation. Also just try to talk to them in their office and not out in front of everyone because then everyone is going to want to do something like that and they are more likely to say no not right now. I hope this helps! (: And trust me I know the struggle, I actually sold my ps4 and all my games just so my wife could get some food and pay some bills for the first part of me being away.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:39 PM   #6
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

You can set up an account before you leave, or just use your current bank account, that way they have access to funds right away.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:26 AM   #7
EyramHMDA

EyramHMDA is on a distinguished road

thanks guys for the response, I have a current account and I have added her to that account already. I to open a navy federal account in bootcamp and transfer money from there to the old account for them to use.

I am just wondering which documents I need to take to RTC such as birth certificates, SS card (is it for all dependents) and so on...
Old 01-07-2015, 10:05 PM   #8
DonDannyPR

DonDannyPR is on a distinguished road

Hey shipmates. I ship out 20150203, and I as well have a wife n kid. Was wondering how long until you get your first pay. We've been planning financially but having an idea if its going to take a while to get paid, will help prepare.

Thanks in advance,

DonDannyPR
AC
DonDannyPR is offline   Reply With Quote