NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Back From Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 05-04-2014, 08:14 AM   #1
Mparker181

Mparker181 is on a distinguished road
Default Any questions?

Hey guys! I'm back! Just got to my A school in Biloxi Mississippi last night! Gonna get settled in today and walk around base. I graduated 02May14 so if anyone has questions go ahead and ask!
Mparker181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #2
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

CONGRATES SAILOR!

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
futureSPOOK32

futureSPOOK32 is on a distinguished road

Can you tell me a little about the recruit leadership structure? I guess that's a vague question but just like the duties and if they're worth striving for?
Old 05-05-2014, 06:47 AM   #4
vabchsue

vabchsue is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you're an AG. There's not a ton of things a lot to see and do in Bilosi. If you get a chance, visit New Orleans. I know they used to do day trips down to there when my son was at A school through the MWR so he took advantage of them. When we went to visit him then that was the first things we did. BTW, how long has your interest been in weather? He finds it fascinating. Good luck!!
vabchsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #5
Mparker181

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshparrucci View Post
Can you tell me a little about the recruit leadership structure? I guess that's a vague question but just like the duties and if they're worth striving for?
Okay so I was only mail PO and trash PO, I liked doing the trash because I got to walk outside at night with one of my buddies and it was peaceful. Being mail PO everyone likes you because you deliver your mail.. It also gets you out of the compartment. I was good friends with the rcpo and she found it stressful but she liked her job sometimes. No one will listen to you most likely though since people think you are on a power trip. Yeoman is a tough job with a lot of running around but they work long and hold. Honestly in my div they were voluntold for the most part some positions were volunteered for. In brother div they were firing and hiring new chain of command positions every day up until graduation. Does this help? They do have like athletic PO education PO umm head PO religious. Those are fun.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
Mparker181

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabchsue View Post
Sounds like you're an AG. There's not a ton of things a lot to see and do in Bilosi. If you get a chance, visit New Orleans. I know they used to do day trips down to there when my son was at A school through the MWR so he took advantage of them. When we went to visit him then that was the first things we did. BTW, how long has your interest been in weather? He finds it fascinating. Good luck!!
Classing up next week. When I phase up I hope to go to New Orleans. I didn't really have any interest I hope it will grow but we will see. I wanna do more oceanography. I picked this because it was rare and a small community as well as quick advancement. When did your son graduate?
Old 05-06-2014, 04:40 AM   #7
futureSPOOK32

futureSPOOK32 is on a distinguished road

Definitely helps! Thank you much appreciated!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:19 AM   #8
vabchsue

vabchsue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mparker181 View Post
Classing up next week. When I phase up I hope to go to New Orleans. I didn't really have any interest I hope it will grow but we will see. I wanna do more oceanography. I picked this because it was rare and a small community as well as quick advancement. When did your son graduate?
Quick advancement - not really the case. AG has always been a bit hard to advance because of the numbers trying to do so. Been that way for quite awhile. He made E6 last year and he'd be the first to say it isn't easy, trust me!
vabchsue is offline   Reply With Quote