NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Back From Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
Devereux
**Active Duty**

Devereux will become famous soon enough
Default Any questions on latest RTC ?

Just got out of boot camp Friday, open to any questions...

Mark
Devereux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:37 AM   #2
navycatmc

navycatmc will become famous soon enough

Well how was it!? Did you have a good or bad experience? How was PT? How were your fellow sailors?

"To live will be an awfully big adventure." -Peter Pan
navycatmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #3
ronec

ronec is on a distinguished road

Congrats on completing RTC! I have a couple questions for you...

1. Were there any older sailors in your division, over 34?

2. How was the confidence chamber, did you have any kind of reaction to it?
ronec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:40 AM   #4
Devereux
**Active Duty**

I had a great experience and met alot of cool people. My RDC's were hilarious (yet annoying at some points) however I really enjoyed the whole boot camp experience. The structure was great to get used to. I'm now at Meridian, Miss. A-School for AZ.

For the few questions...

The oldest person in my division was 29. But I was a summer division, and they usually have alot of younger kids because the highschool year just ended. I don't remember hearing anyone over 34 during my time at RTC.

PT was boring. You do it about 5-6 times a week, not including IT's. It only lasts an hour and 20 minutes of it is basically warming up and cooling down exercises. If you can legit do proper pushups and situps, boot camp is going to be such an easy experience for you. Don't be that guy who can't do 10 because they'll get pretty pissed. However, PT was really easy and nothing to stress over.

Confidence Chamber was fun. You learn how to go "on air" and "off air" and to properly put your mask on with a seal. At the time, we were all a little sick and stuffy, and it totally ripped all of it out and gave me a clean nose. They usually have people walking down a line and you shout out (to the best of your ability) your rank and division number. Then you walk out. I teared up a bit and coughed for about 2-3 mins, while my sinuses were clearing. Then you walk back out and you laugh about everything with your division who already went before you. It was a good bonding experience... We all wanted to do it again.

Would love to answer any more questions, just drop one!
Old 09-28-2014, 07:54 AM   #5
navycatmc

navycatmc will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the response! I'm looking forward to having a positive time!

"To live will be an awfully big adventure." -Peter Pan
navycatmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
classified9
**Active Duty**

classified9 will become famous soon enough

Any advice for p-days or first getting there? I'm leaving Wednesday just ready to rock and roll already!

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jimmy V
classified9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
TrustnDatThrust

TrustnDatThrust is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by classified9 View Post
Any advice for p-days or first getting there? I'm leaving Wednesday just ready to rock and roll already!
Get lots of sleep before you arrive in Illinois, on whatever mode of transportation they send you in. The first day is a doozy. Don't stand up at the moment of truth if you want to be in the Navy. Keep your mouth shut and do what you're told. If your temporary RDC or permanant RDC doesn't know your name, that's a win.

G'luck mate!
TrustnDatThrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
greenh0rn

greenh0rn is on a distinguished road

Can you give an updated list of what to bring to RTC? Does birth cert, SS card, etc. have to be originals or can they be copies?
greenh0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:59 PM   #9
Devereux
**Active Duty**

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Can you give an updated list of what to bring to RTC? Does birth cert, SS card, etc. have to be originals or can they be copies?
You can bring a wallet with you. So if you want to put it in there, it's fine. I didn't need my birth certificate however I did need my SS card twice during boot, so bring that. If your recruiter told you to bring certain copies of certificates or whatnot, bring them. Just make sure they're copied with your recruiter's initials for proof that it's real. -- and sorry about the late reply.

Anybody else got anything?
Old 03-18-2015, 12:42 PM   #10
flow

flow is on a distinguished road

I am shipping out to RTC in April and i am a little concerned. I barely passed the hearing test in meps. Took me the tries. I'm worried that i am going to go out there and quite my job and root up my wife and kids just to get to RTC and fail the hearing test and get sent home. Any advice?
flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:25 PM   #11
Just4Kixs

Just4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devereux View Post
You can bring a wallet with you. So if you want to put it in there, it's fine. I didn't need my birth certificate however I did need my SS card twice during boot, so bring that. If your recruiter told you to bring certain copies of certificates or whatnot, bring them. Just make sure they're copied with your recruiter's initials for proof that it's real. -- and sorry about the late reply.

Anybody else got anything?

What documents did YOU alone bring to be exact and where did you put these docs? I'm trying to go to RTC with no bag and as little as possible with no box mailed to home.
I have paper copies of my birth cert, SSN, driver's license, immunization records, a voided check, and a small note pad for addresses plus a pen. I just need to get my recruiter to sign these paper copies to make them original and hope they'll fit folded in my wallet lol. Not to mention cash too.
Just4Kixs is offline   Reply With Quote