NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Back From Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 06-07-2014, 04:32 PM   #1
FTSYNFord

FTSYNFord is on a distinguished road
Default Graduated Bootcamp, At A School - May 2014

Hey all! I PIR'ed on May 30th and am now here at YN A School in Meridian,MS. You can ask any questions about bootcamp no holds barred except anything thats covered by a page 13! and...Go.

Last edited by LT Guppy; 12-26-2014 at 01:14 PM.
FTSYNFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:10 PM   #2
futureSPOOK32

futureSPOOK32 is on a distinguished road

I'll be the the first to ask about bootcamp! What would you say is the hardest part in general?
Old 06-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
FS Garcia

FS Garcia is on a distinguished road

How many letters did you get to send out? And were you able to send them to multiple people at the same time?
FS Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #4
BubbaGumps64

BubbaGumps64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS Garcia View Post
How many letters did you get to send out? And were you able to send them to multiple people at the same time?
You can send as many letters as you want in boot camp. But only on Sundays does mail get sent out.
BubbaGumps64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:33 PM   #5
FTSYNFord

FTSYNFord is on a distinguished road

The hardest part is honestly staying awake and letting things roll off your back. You have to remember...they are trying to teach you military bearing and resiliency. just keep that in mind and take it one day at a time and its cake.
FTSYNFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:53 PM   #6
ldavis21

ldavis21 is on a distinguished road
Default please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTSYNFord View Post
Hey all! I PIR'ed on May 30th and am now here at YN A School in Meridian,MS. You can ask any questions about bootcamp no holds barred except anything thats covered by a page 13! and...Go.
trying to find my friend John Shannon could you help me? he should have just graduated as well
ldavis21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #7
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaGumps64 View Post
You can send as many letters as you want in boot camp. But only on Sundays does mail get sent out.
Make friends with the mail PO. They will go and pick up mail everyday, and can help get letters out other days of the week. We used to sneak letters into his backpack after dinner and he would drop them off to be sent out when he picked up the mail.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #8
futureSPOOK32

futureSPOOK32 is on a distinguished road

Haha, yah I figure that the hardest part will staying awake, i'm not worried about the rest.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:03 AM   #9
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis21 View Post
trying to find my friend John Shannon could you help me? he should have just graduated as well
Each PIR can have as many as 9 divisions graduating... each with up to 90 Recruits... and you will never know or have contact with anybody in another division because anywhere that you may be with Recruits from another division (Medical, Dental, etc.), talking is prohibited. Unless your friend happened to by in the OP's division, the chances are slim-to-none that they know anything about them.

Have you tried Facebook? Literally everybody has a profile these days...

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:03 AM   #10
dreboy32

dreboy32 is on a distinguished road

What were some of the billets available for YN once you graduated A school? Can you pick the state of your 1st duty station or is it just the region?(west coast, east coast, etc)
dreboy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:02 PM   #11
Raca1234
**Active Duty**

Raca1234 is on a distinguished road

During P-days, what would you say was the hardest part (all the hectic moving around, people getting yelled at, etc.)? Besides staying awake obviously?
Raca1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:15 AM   #12
classified9
**Active Duty**

classified9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raca1234 View Post
During P-days, what would you say was the hardest part (all the hectic moving around, people getting yelled at, etc.)? Besides staying awake obviously?
Just be prepared for feeling like crap. You're going to get your shots and you're going to feel absolutely terrible. Don't let it get to your head, you're going to learn to live "one day at a time." No one truly understands what that means until you get there, just focus on making it to your rack that night and all of a sudden it's time to graduate. I didn't find boot camp challenging at all but don't be that guy that makes a calendar in his trainee guide and checks it constantly. When you start thinking about I have X amount of days left it is really going to drag - PARTICULARLY in p-days. Don't count the days, make the days count!

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jimmy V
classified9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:58 PM   #13
Raca1234
**Active Duty**

Raca1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by classified9 View Post
Just be prepared for feeling like crap. You're going to get your shots and you're going to feel absolutely terrible. Don't let it get to your head, you're going to learn to live "one day at a time." No one truly understands what that means until you get there, just focus on making it to your rack that night and all of a sudden it's time to graduate. I didn't find boot camp challenging at all but don't be that guy that makes a calendar in his trainee guide and checks it constantly. When you start thinking about I have X amount of days left it is really going to drag - PARTICULARLY in p-days. Don't count the days, make the days count!
That's probably some of the best advice I've heard...thank you!!
Raca1234 is offline   Reply With Quote