NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Back From Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-19-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
Rusk

Rusk is on a distinguished road
Default Boot camp or naccs questions

If anyone has any questions about boot camp or naccs let me know, graduate from naccs on Thursday and I'm pretty fresh out of boot camp so I remember a lot. I can let you know how to prepare for class while your in Indoc and backlog.
Rusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:07 PM   #2
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on accomplishing the first of many tasks toward those Wings of Gold! Have you been assigned a rate yet?

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:21 PM   #3
SethRT

SethRT is on a distinguished road

Hey congrats! I leave in exactly a week with AM as my rate. My main questions are how did you first fitness test go in boot camp and how was the first week of processing? Was it just lots of waiting? Thanks for your time and again, congratulations!
SethRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:40 PM   #4
ashugan

ashugan will become famous soon enough

If you could have changed one thing in the way you prepared what would it be?
ashugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:14 PM   #5
Rusk

@haasino thank you can't wait to put on those wings, haven't gotten a rate yet, I'll find out in grad hold within the next 2 weeks.

@sethrt first fitness test at rtc was a breeze they are not strict on form what so ever and the minimums should be easily achieved. I'm not gonna lie processing sucks a lot of long visits to medical/dental and you'll be in The Pearl Harbor which sucks it's the worst week I've had in the military so far.

@ashugan I wish I would've gotten the survival breast stoke down and practiced treading water more. If you can do those two things and show up in shape you'll make it no problem.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:21 PM   #6
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
@haasino thank you can't wait to put on those wings, haven't gotten a rate yet, I'll find out in grad hold within the next 2 weeks.
That's new!

Is grad hold and waiting for a rate standard now, or is it just end-of-the-fiscal-year budget issues?

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #7
Rusk

@haasino pretty standard now very rarely do people move right after graduation unless they are a reservist or fts. I'll probably have another month at naccs before I move across base signed my wish list a few days back. Hoping for o but we will see. Grad hold is pretty much like backlog but with more freedoms. The wait to class up is a minimum of about 2 months for most.