NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Back From Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 01-19-2014, 01:22 AM   #1
nick93

nick93 is on a distinguished road
Default Just graduated!

I just graduated friday january 17. im currently at nattc pensacola as an A pact. feel free to ask any bootcamp questions. I will do my best to answer asap.
nick93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:09 AM   #2
Temen
**Active Duty**

Temen will become famous soon enough

Congrats on your graduation! Are they still handing out backpacks and plastic water bottles?
By the way, any idea what ratings you're interested in? I could try to get you some information if you had any questions.
Temen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #3
crobinson89

crobinson89 is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Sailor!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! How was your overall experience at boot camp?
crobinson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #4
kdgriffin

kdgriffin is on a distinguished road
Default Hair Regs?

Congratulations....Not extremely important, but wondering if they are still doing mandatory haircuts for females. Thanks in advance.
kdgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:30 PM   #5
TYWong

TYWong is on a distinguished road

Congratulations sailor!

How often did you guys get IT'd?
TYWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:44 PM   #6
Race

Race is on a distinguished road

How soon did you get your uniforms?
Race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #7
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

You get your uniforms throughout. You get your NWUs very early on. But your dress uniforms are issued later because they have to be hemmed and fitted.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #8
John

John is on a distinguished road

Well, first off congrats on graduating bootcamp.

My question is did you rank up at RTC or do you know anyone that did? I'm going in as an E-1 so I'm really looking forward to passing any physical or written test. Is the written test just on Ranks, CoC, orders etc. ?
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:07 PM   #9
becab2

becab2 is on a distinguished road

Congrats!! I am going to Pensacola for my A school as well!!

What is boot camp really like, is it like the video they show you faces of boot camp 2014? How often did you really PT and get in trouble? Did you get a recruit job while there??
Oh, Also did you have to know the Chain of Command TItles or Titles with the people in the positions? We are getting mixed answers on that!!!
Sorry for questions but I ship out in March and I'm just wanting to know as much as possible!!
becab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:13 PM   #10
nick93

[QUOTE=kdgriffin;39999]Congratulations....Not extremely important, but wondering if they are still doing mandatory haircuts for females. Thanks in advance.

no i believe as of the new year that haircuts are not mandatory for females.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:16 PM   #11
nick93

Quote:
Originally Posted by becab2 View Post
Congrats!! I am going to Pensacola for my A school as well!!

What is boot camp really like, is it like the video they show you faces of boot camp 2014? How often did you really PT and get in trouble? Did you get a recruit job while there??
Oh, Also did you have to know the Chain of Command TItles or Titles with the people in the positions? We are getting mixed answers on that!!!
Sorry for questions but I ship out in March and I'm just wanting to know as much as possible!!
yeah the videos that you will find on youtube are all fake. bootcamp is nothing like that. you will pt as a division alot but its not hard at all. as far as getting ITd we only got ITd 3 times. they can drop you but its really not that bad. just be in some kind of shape before you go and youll be fine... and as far as the chain of command make sure you study your start guide. you will need to know the chain of commmand and rank/recognition right away and youll need that for all your inspections thru out bootcamp.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #12
nick93

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Well, first off congrats on graduating bootcamp.

My question is did you rank up at RTC or do you know anyone that did? I'm going in as an E-1 so I'm really looking forward to passing any physical or written test. Is the written test just on Ranks, CoC, orders etc. ?
yes i did get promoted to E2 for passing the dep test and my pfa. that is the easiest way to get advanced in bootcamp so just try your best to be in good shape for your first pfa and study your start guide.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #13
nick93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race View Post
How soon did you get your uniforms?
yeah youll wear sweats and boots for the first week or 2 and then youll get fitted for your nwus and youll have those pretty soon. dress uniforms are done like week 4 or 5 and youll get them in time for graduation.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:35 PM   #14
BubbaGumps64

BubbaGumps64 is on a distinguished road

no i believe as of the new year that haircuts are not mandatory for females.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's a sudden change. Did you see female recruits at boot camp with their hair in a bun?
BubbaGumps64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:46 PM   #15
becab2

cool thanks for the info! However the chain of command...do you mean know the titles and the people in the titles or just know the titles? b/c we have know way of knowing who are in the titles now!!

Were there people that went in and couldn't do hardly any of the physical things?

again thanks and sorry I"m just well you know how you were when you first went...wanted to know everything and tons of questions!! lol
Old 01-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #16
nick93

Quote:
Originally Posted by becab2 View Post
cool thanks for the info! However the chain of command...do you mean know the titles and the people in the titles or just know the titles? b/c we have know way of knowing who are in the titles now!!

Were there people that went in and couldn't do hardly any of the physical things?

again thanks and sorry I"m just well you know how you were when you first went...wanted to know everything and tons of questions!! lol
its no problem i wanna help people out. i had tons of questions before i went too lol. yes you have to know the entire chain of command and the names. i will try to find my training guide and post the current chain of command. obviously you wont know the very bottom until you get there.

yes there were people that couldnt do the pfa. but no one from my division failed. we pushed everyone the last pfa and we all graduated.... but honestly if you just run and do some push up and sit ups before you leave and get in some kind of shape youll be fine. they start out small and work there way up as far as pt goes.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:43 PM   #17
becab2

Thanks for the info!! If you do get a chance to post the chain of command that would be GREAT!!!

The pfa yes I'm worried as all get out...I am trying to get in shape and I'm struggling with the push ups and I leave in March! I'm so so so nervous!!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:47 AM   #18
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

The bottom half of the chain of command changes all the time, sometimes while you're in bootcamp.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:35 PM   #19
BubbaGumps64

BubbaGumps64 is on a distinguished road

You mentioned that you don't think haircuts are mandatory for female recruits as of the new year. Was an announcement made about this or did you see female recruits without their hair cut? Just curious.
BubbaGumps64 is offline   Reply With Quote