NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Advanced Electronics Computer Field

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 01-27-2016, 07:47 PM   #1
bob7671

bob7671 is on a distinguished road
Default AECF Family Moving information

Hey everyone, currently in DEP and just wanted to ask about moving my wife and daughter during AECF. First off, is it something I can actually do while in A school because I've gotten mixed responses from recruiters. Second, will the navy pay for the move? Third, how long is schooling for AECF. ET and FC are both cool and im good with either one.
bob7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:50 AM   #2
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

The navy will pay for the move if your school is longer than 6 months.
But in general, it is honestly not worth the trouble to move for such a short amount of time.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:25 AM   #3
gopacgo12

gopacgo12 is on a distinguished road

They will move you from your home of record to your first duty station, and when your family travels to that duty station. If they will be driving a car they will have to keep all gas receipts for reimbursement and if they fly then make sure they keep airline receipts. The navy only pays to move you to your duty stations. Any addition moves within that time without orders are out of pocket.
gopacgo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #4
bob7671

How long is A school for ET or FC
Old 01-28-2016, 08:00 PM   #5
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Do you have a 4 or 6 year contract?

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:04 PM   #6
bob7671

its a 6 year active 2 reserve. Originally I was SNPACT 4-4 and then reclassed to AECF for 6-2.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:16 PM   #7
Keirstrider

Keirstrider is on a distinguished road

I just finished indoctrination for ATT school and I'm currently stationed at TSC Great Lakes for ET instruction. TSC will address moving your family to TSC Great Lakes for the ET & FC rates once you are assigned to the base for instruction. There's a stipulation that you must have six months or more remaining on your orders when you submit the paperwork to move your family here during your schooling or it will not get approved.

The Navy will not pay to move your family here though (they noted that specifically during the indoc) because this will not be the permanent duty station you get assigned. But if you do choose to move the family to Great Lakes, then you will be footing the bill to move your family once you get assigned to your permanent duty station after the completion of A school. If you do not choose to move them to Great Lakes during your DUI- Duty Under Instruction, they will pay to move your family to your permanent duty station.

I considered moving my family here when I learned how long the schooling will take, but i determined its not worth the expense at this time.
Keirstrider is offline   Reply With Quote