NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Advanced Electronics Computer Field

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 01-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
dascolbert

dascolbert is on a distinguished road
Default Advanced Electronics/Computer Field

Hello! This is my field that I'm preparing for as well as for boot camp. Need some guidance. =P

1. I'm in no way college savvy, I am only a HS diploma holder, needing explanations for this specifically:
FC: In the lower-division baccalaureate / associate degree category: three semester hours in solid state electronics, three in electromechanical systems, three in digital circuits, two in microwave fundamentals, one in electronics laboratory, one in digital laboratory and one in radar maintenance.

What does this mean? I automatically pass these courses from tech schools?

2. My AECF paper that I received isn't too helpful on what FCs do indepth. Day to day. Onshore/offshore. Good pay or average? I know I'll get E-4 when I finish my classes, as shows in my contract.

Thank you guys and females.

PS.What are the nicknames for AECFs?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Strempek

Strempek is on a distinguished road

I was an AECF until I got switched to IS and heres what i learned over the past few months. Their are two NECs for it, ET and FC. The ET is fixing radars and things of that sort and the FC is fixing weapon systems and being able to use them. After boot camp there is a 9 Week ATT school and then A school after that. ET A School is 42 weeks if I remember correctly and FC is 31 weeks. Then C school can be all over and a wide ranges of lengths because theres so many different piece of machinery you can work on. The things you listed are just the amount of credits you will get from going through the schools. If after your 6 years you decide to go to college for a degree in the electronics field you will have those credits already taken care of. You find out which of the two NECs you will get in boot camp. As for deployments i think i heard 60/40, sea/land but i dont really remember, i just know that it is mostly sea tours. FC is definitely more sea duty while ET might be on land more depending on what you are trained to work on. Also, i havent heard of any nicknames.

I believe most of this is accurate. Ive seen a lot of different school lengths while looking but thats what I was going to go to boot camp believing. Somebody else may be more certain than I, however.

Also, I think that means college credits but I could be entirely wrong on that. Sitting in the same Highschool Diploma only boat.
Strempek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
dascolbert

dascolbert is on a distinguished road

I'm not declining any help at this point. Thank you.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #4
cakers00

cakers00 is on a distinguished road

Im also leaving for AECF but on april 3! I have never looked too indepth at the college credit part since I already have a Bachelors degree. but I have gathered quite a bit of info on the subject if you have any other questions that havent been answered
cakers00 is offline   Reply With Quote