NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Master-at-Arms B640

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 04-03-2018, 04:13 PM   #1
Leaird

Leaird is on a distinguished road
Default Depth Perception

My son failed depth perception at MEPS but passed everything else. He desperately wants to be an MA. Does failing depth perception disqualify him for the position? According to the qualifications for MA that I have found online, he must have normal color perception and vision correctable to 20/20. There is no mention of depth perception at all.

Unfortunately, he was talked into signing a contract at MEPS for S Pact. We are hoping this can be changed with a DAR.

His recruiter says he meets all the other requirements for MA but is unsure how depth perception plays into it. We are wondering if he needs to have his vision rechecked at MEPS before submitting the DAR. We don't believe he truly has poor depth perception as it is very common to fail this test at MEPS even without a problem.
Leaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:01 PM   #2
Avionicsguy

Avionicsguy is on a distinguished road

discharge your son from dep for "family issues" and re-sign all the papers and go to meps again for a re-do on the test.

dont take my advice.
Avionicsguy is offline   Reply With Quote