NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Pass In Review (Graduation)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
Rickblaine22

Rickblaine22 is on a distinguished road
Default How many at graduation?

Ok...so I know you're only allowed 4 people on the "list" to come to PIR, but I was told that those already in possession of a military ID can get on the base without you putting them on the list. Does anyone have any input on this? I was just thinking my wife will have an ID...my in laws both have IDs...you get where I'm going.
Rickblaine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Only 4 for the graduation ceremony. They will check guests in and match them to the list.

You can get more if someone gives you one of their four slots. Or, if your extra guests wait until everyone else has checked in, they might get the extra slots.

(as of 2 years ago)
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Generally it is 4..however, IF there is room for more to come in, and they were not on the list, they MAY be let in. You need to understand that it is a safety reason for the number of people allowed to be in the building. The law says only so many people can occupy a building and cannot exceed that. If you have a PIR that has like 12 divisions or even 10, let say there are 100 in each division and they all graduate, everyone is allowed 4 guests, then count the staff and such..that is a lot of people to be in the building in seats. So if you are counting on having all your family there to watch, remember to tell them they may not be able to watch, but wait for you outside until after the ceremony is over to see you.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:06 AM   #4
Craig
Administrator

Craig has disabled reputation

The rule says:
Question:
How many guests per recruit are allowed to attend Pass-In-Review?A.

Answer:
Four seats are guaranteed per recruit; however, children 12 years old and younger do not count against the four-guest maximum. The graduating recruit is responsible for identifying those individuals to be placed on the access list. Please coordinate with your recruit via letters regarding who will be on the access list. No additions, deletions or changes will be made to the access list the week of graduation. The four guests on the access list will be admitted into the ceremonial drill hall first. Additional guests not on the access list will have to wait inside the Visitor Center until after the start of the ceremony at which time they will be allowed into the ceremonial hall if additional seating is available as space permits. No additional seating can be guaranteed. PLEASE DO NOT CALL FOR ADDITIONAL SEATS. All visitors must have valid photo identification. This requirement includes children (school ID, Social Security card or copy of birth certificate). Please be aware that security may deny base admission to guests NOT on the access list if they are not accompanied by a guest who is on the access list.

http://www.bootcamp.navy.mil/faq_family.asp

Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
HeishaPeisha

HeishaPeisha is on a distinguished road
Default Good Question.

Unfortunately my parents are divorced. My Dad and step-mom have military I.D.'s .. they still need to be on the guest list? How long does the ceremony usually go for? Also, my little brother might be in boot camp when I graduate.. is he allowed liberty for the ceremony? Would he count as 1 of the 4 people?
Old 11-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeishaPeisha View Post
Unfortunately my parents are divorced. My Dad and step-mom have military I.D.'s .. they still need to be on the guest list? How long does the ceremony usually go for? Also, my little brother might be in boot camp when I graduate.. is he allowed liberty for the ceremony? Would he count as 1 of the 4 people?
Yes. All guests need to be on the list. Mom, dad, and step-mom. They will check everyone's (over 12) ID - military or drivers license and match it to the list.
The ceremony probably lasted an hour (but guests start going in at least an hour before that).
Little to no chance that your little brother will be allowed liberty for your graduation (unless he is in a 900 division in one of the last three-ish weeks and is the performance division for your graduation).

Hope this helps.
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #7
HeishaPeisha

HeishaPeisha is on a distinguished road

Thanks!! It helps!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #8
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Also be aware that only ONE Parking permit will be issued...PERIOD!

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #9
Craig
Administrator

Craig has disabled reputation

I am a retired Navy guy, and they tried to make me wait since I didn't want to be on the guest list (ie thinking I was already allowed). You get no benefit by having an ID card, you must be on the guest list or you will be waiting. Remember, just have someone save a seat for your waiting guest.

Luckily, I knew someone that was assigned there and I took a backdoor in.

Totally agree with Sue, you only get 1 parking pass....

Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #10
jdAECF

jdAECF is on a distinguished road

the policies recently changed. when I say recently, I mean 3 weeks before I graduated. Now, children 2 and up count as adults. no kidding there. I wish I was. they need to be on the list, and take up a seat.
AND military personell also count as a body on your list.
my family was divided, because I had 6 people at PIR, and only 4 seats. they weren't allowing us to use seats from people with no family attending.
jdAECF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #11
morganmeadows

morganmeadows is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickblaine22 View Post
Ok...so I know you're only allowed 4 people on the "list" to come to PIR, but I was told that those already in possession of a military ID can get on the base without you putting them on the list. Does anyone have any input on this? I was just thinking my wife will have an ID...my in laws both have IDs...you get where I'm going.
My graduation was 15 divisions. So we were only allowed 4 even if they were active diry or retired and they had to get there super early. There were so many people that didn't get in. So it really just depends on your graduation.
morganmeadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #12
jdAECF

jdAECF is on a distinguished road

our chief made it sound as though its a new policy... and you know whats crazy? the next graduation has more than we did.
jdAECF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #13
denako

denako is on a distinguished road

My daughter graduated in Sept 2012... children were not counted as the four on the list... there were 4 adults and 2 Children. We also had a 5th person who had an id that was allowed to go in with us and did not have to wait. It was a large graduation. But I did read something recently about the rules changing. I remember they were cracking down on graduates giving other people their slots.
denako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
sonnyn32

sonnyn32 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdAECF View Post
they weren't allowing us to use seats from people with no family attending.
Just out of curiosity, what happens to the seats of sailors with no guests? Assuming I pass boot camp, I won't have anyone coming to graduation.
sonnyn32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #15
OnyxCav25

OnyxCav25 is on a distinguished road

You are allowed FOUR even if they have a military ID. THREE if there are more than 16 Divisions graduating I believe. Since were only 2 weeks into the new policy im not sure if things will change but I do know its FOUR maximum.. if your parents have military ID's they still count towards the four, except for children 12 and under. No one is allowed to wait for empty seats. If you aren't on the list... you aren't getting in. this in on the RTC website.
OnyxCav25 is offline   Reply With Quote