NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 04-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
classified9
**Active Duty**

classified9 will become famous soon enough
Default Best thing an RDC ever said...

So my brother had some pretty funny stories from RTC. Like he showed up wearing boat shoes without socks on intake night, and one RDC was in his face persistent screaming at him about how he looks like a clown lol

Whats some funny stuff you guys remember?

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jimmy V
classified9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #2
notcoreyclark

notcoreyclark is on a distinguished road

I too am interested. I have heard a couple good ones at my recruiting station.

Ship 15jul14 AECF
Div 284 pir 12sep14

ETSA Clark
notcoreyclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
TrustnDatThrust

TrustnDatThrust is on a distinguished road

For those who haven't been to boot quite yet, when you do exercises your RDC will typically say "come to the ready!"and you respond with "always ready!"

RDC: Come to the ready!

Country Hillbilly Seamen Recruit (Keep in mind the accent): But Pettaaay Offaasir, how can we come to the ready, when were always ready?

RDC: *Facepalm* I don't have ****ing time for this, everyone on your ****ing faces.

Then there was a surprise pizza party.The surprise was we worked out while our RDCs ate all the pizza.

I ran away from QA when they tried to give me a street hit or whatever. Literally the guy was like "halt!" and I just sprinted away while covering my nametag on my ass like a boss. Totally got away with it.

I'm friends with my RDC on Facebook now, which is funny cause' I thought she hated my guts in boot aha, gotta' realize they're just doing their job and training you.
TrustnDatThrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #4
Chris300zx6

Chris300zx6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustnDatThrust View Post

Then there was a surprise pizza party.The surprise was we worked out while our RDCs ate all the pizza.
BAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA epic
Old 04-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #5
Arvy

Arvy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustnDatThrust View Post
For those who haven't been to boot quite yet, when you do exercises your RDC will typically say "come to the ready!"and you respond with "always ready!"

RDC: Come to the ready!

Country Hillbilly Seamen Recruit (Keep in mind the accent): But Pettaaay Offaasir, how can we come to the ready, when were always ready?

RDC: *Facepalm* I don't have ****ing time for this, everyone on your ****ing faces.

I ran away from QA when they tried to give me a street hit or whatever. Literally the guy was like "halt!" and I just sprinted away while covering my nametag on my ass like a boss. Totally got away with it.

I'm friends with my RDC on Facebook now, which is funny cause' I thought she hated my guts in boot aha, gotta' realize they're just doing their job and training you.

Arvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #6
classified9
**Active Duty**

classified9 will become famous soon enough

My buddy just got out of OCS and here are a few lines dropped by his DI

(On valentines day) "Say nobody loves you aye aye sir."

To someone who messed up a fireman's carry "If that's how you carried me I would rip my own leg off and friggen beat you with it."

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jimmy V
classified9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #7
Angst

Angst is on a distinguished road

I had a seabee chief. He got pissed at one kid for asking too many questions, and threw one of the tables across the compartment, breaking one of it's legs. It never got replaced but we propped that bitch up the best we could, and FQA never caught it. Right before graduation, chief started a speech, and leaned against the same table, as the division collectively gasped. The table collapsed before he actually sat down on it.

He shot straight up and bellowed "which one of you mother****ers broke my goddamn table?" and then five ridiculously long seconds later with dead silence from the division standing by to get beat as we always did when chief got pissed, smiled, and then started laughing uncontrollably.

It was the first and only time he ever did as much as smile. When he finished, he simply said "oh yeah, I did", and then started laughing again as he walked out of the compartment. We heard him laughing the entire time he walked down the p-way while we nervously glanced at each other standing on the toe line at attention waiting for him to come back. He never did.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #8
SeaBee253

SeaBee253 is on a distinguished road

I probably had the funniest RDC's ever. There was this one female in my division, (she eventually got ASMODE) and was constantly going to the head. it was pretty obvious that the galley food was no good for her. One day, one of my RDC's was asking for her. "WHERE'S *****??" "In the head, Petty Officer. I will get her, she's been in the head way too long." "AND HAULT. JUST LET THE FEMALE SHIT HER BRAINS OUT!!!!" Also, they will always make jokes on certain recruits. Always. Just don't laugh when they say something funny.

Admin note: please refrain from using the names of sailors who are not on this site

Last edited by LT Guppy; 04-22-2014 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Admin note
SeaBee253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #9
Rickblaine22

Rickblaine22 is on a distinguished road

Mine said he was going to beat a kid until he was "up to, and touching, death."

Then he also threatened to stab our RPOC with a cutlass dipped in urine.

I wish I could remember some more. Our RDCs actually had us sit down the second to last day of boot camp and tell them all the funny things we remembered them saying. It was hysterical...and they laughed and we laughed...it was like we were normal people.
Rickblaine22 is offline   Reply With Quote