NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Back From Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
shamablama

shamablama is on a distinguished road
Default JUST GRADUATED 23MAY14 900 DIV. ASK ME ANYTHING

I was in a 900 division, I am an AC and I am currently in Pensacola, classing up for A-School tomorrow. I know before I left for boot camp I was on this site every day asking questions, so literally ask me anything and I will try my best to help!

BUT before a million Glee kids ask how the 900 divisions work... there are 3 different types of performing divisions. There's the triple threat division, which does the choir, band, and drill team. Then there's the state flag division (that's what I was in), they do state flags, color guard, and drum line. The last one is the staff division, it's always an all male division and they are in charge of catching people who pass out, manning the door ways and bleachers, and commanding the pass in review ceremony. The type of 900 division available all depends on what week you arrive. For example, I got there March 25th and was put in state flags. There was no prior skill really needed for this dovision, btw, only drummers and colorguard. The week after I got there, they were forming the triple threat division, which you have to try out for. And the week after that they formed the staff division. All the 900 divisions stay in their own barracks separated from all the other divisions. Our training schedule is way different because starting in week 5 you perform at every graduation including your own. And you go to rehearsal 4 times a week.

Everyone at RTC will say the 900 divisions get treated differently and they get spoiled, and in my experience that was true.

Depped in 01AUG2013
Shipping out 25MAR2014
Air Traffic Controller
shamablama is offline   Reply With Quote