NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Advanced Electronics Computer Field

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
jonc2006

jonc2006 is on a distinguished road
Default School Difficulty

Can anyone give me an idea of how difficult the material is for these ratings? Is it comparable to the Nuke field? What is the school life going to be like?
jonc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:37 AM   #2
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc2006 View Post
Can anyone give me an idea of how difficult the material is for these ratings? Is it comparable to the Nuke field? What is the school life going to be like?
What ratings are you talking about?

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:54 AM   #3
Atom_breaker

Atom_breaker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post

/r
CTT1
It's in the AECF community/forum, so I imagine that's what he is referring to. I didn't know untill I back out to see where it was posted.

Hyman G. Rickover

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

Winston Churchill
Atom_breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:07 AM   #4
jonc2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post

/r
CTT1
AECF. Both ET and FC since I don't know which one I'm going to get yet. Sorry for the confusion, I thought I had posted this in the AECF section.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #5
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

KForbs will be the one to ask.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #6
kforbs126

kforbs126 is just really nicekforbs126 is just really nice

I didn't think it was very hard. Things have changed a bit since I went through 6 years ago but as long as you are somewhat smart you'll be okay. It's a lot of electrical and electronics theory. So it can be dry but it's important to know especially on advancement exams.
kforbs126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
jonc2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kforbs126 View Post
I didn't think it was very hard. Things have changed a bit since I went through 6 years ago but as long as you are somewhat smart you'll be okay. It's a lot of electrical and electronics theory. So it can be dry but it's important to know especially on advancement exams.
Do they teach you like the basics of the basics for those things? I consider myself relatively smart but I've never taken classes on either subjects before so my knowledge of them is pretty much zilch.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #8
kforbs126

kforbs126 is just really nicekforbs126 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc2006 View Post
Do they teach you like the basics of the basics for those things? I consider myself relatively smart but I've never taken classes on either subjects before so my knowledge of them is pretty much zilch.
They'll teach you all the theory and how to calculate things. It's not hard. You just need to understand the concepts and they'll go through them in ATT school.
kforbs126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:25 PM   #9
BloodyPheonix

BloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond repute

I learned electronics in high school, basic electrical theory is really easy and as long as you understand how to manipulate a formula and are able to memorize them you'll be fine. Not sure how the navy compares but I had no problems.

Sometimes it's better to go in knowing nothing because the navy wants you to do things the navy way, and unlearning things or modifying the way you do them can be hard.
BloodyPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote