NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTT = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN TECHNICAL

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
Seth_Breen_CTT

Seth_Breen_CTT is on a distinguished road
Default Got my Orders

Alright so I got my orders. I will be going to New Port News, Virginia aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln. I graduated A school August 15th, but found out I will be taking not one but two C schools. I am a 4y so I won't be doing the tech stuff, but I don't leave until Dec 16th. Has anyone that is a 4y gotten Shipboard and OPELINT back to back. I haven't gotten many answers as to what I will be doing. I know much cannot be discussed on here. It's driving me crazy not knowing.

BOOMER SOONER!!
Seth_Breen_CTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Congrats.

The Lincoln is about half way through their midlife overhaul. So you won't get underway for a while, but you will have a chance to see all the sea trials as they bring the carrier back to life.

(Also, Newport is one word ;) )

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:33 AM   #3
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_Breen_CTT View Post
Alright so I got my orders. I will be going to New Port News, Virginia aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln. I graduated A school August 15th, but found out I will be taking not one but two C schools. I am a 4y so I won't be doing the tech stuff, but I don't leave until Dec 16th. Has anyone that is a 4y gotten Shipboard and OPELINT back to back. I haven't gotten many answers as to what I will be doing. I know much cannot be discussed on here. It's driving me crazy not knowing.
First off, congrats! People talk down about sea duty sometimes but I honestly wouldn't have traded it for the world. There's nothing like going to sea and actually being a SAILOR.

If you're going through 9102 (OPELINT) then you'll probably be standing a separate watch from the rest of the folks going to Shipboard with you. I can't get into the details, but it's not a huge difference from what you would normally be doing with the SLQ-32. They have significantly more capabilities on a Carrier than say a Frigate, so having that NEC will allow you to fill various EW roles for the command.

All in all though you'll have a pretty good understanding of what you'll be doing before you even get to the ship. So don't stress it! Ask as many questions as you can to your instructors while you're there. It's rare to have all that knowledge and experience just walking around you all day. Take advantage of it!!

Also if you see CTT1 Sekula floating around the school house, throw him a bird call for me and tell him Griffin sent you haha

/r
CTT1

PS: I'm giving you a pass this time for being a sooner fan... HOOK EM!
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #4
Seth_Breen_CTT

Seth_Breen_CTT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
First off, congrats! People talk down about sea duty sometimes but I honestly wouldn't have traded it for the world. There's nothing like going to sea and actually being a SAILOR.

If you're going through 9102 (OPELINT) then you'll probably be standing a separate watch from the rest of the folks going to Shipboard with you. I can't get into the details, but it's not a huge difference from what you would normally be doing with the SLQ-32. They have significantly more capabilities on a Carrier than say a Frigate, so having that NEC will allow you to fill various EW roles for the command.

All in all though you'll have a pretty good understanding of what you'll be doing before you even get to the ship. So don't stress it! Ask as many questions as you can to your instructors while you're there. It's rare to have all that knowledge and experience just walking around you all day. Take advantage of it!!

Also if you see CTT1 Sekula floating around the school house, throw him a bird call for me and tell him Griffin sent you haha

/r
CTT1

PS: I'm giving you a pass this time for being a sooner fan... HOOK EM!

Thanx! I was excited to get THIS sea duty. It will give me time to get used to my new command as well start my family. My wife wanted shore duty, but I wanted to start getting as much experience as possible. So it worked out great. But I agree about the being a sailor. My dad was at a command where some fellow Chiefs had never stepped foot on a ship. Blew my mind.

Anyways I have been asking a lot of the instructors when ever I have a chance. I'm trying to stop one of the OPELINT instructors and ask them. But I will see if I can find CTT1 Sekula. I have not seen anyone with that name. But I will definitely hit him with a bird call. HAHA

May the best team win ;)

BOOMER SOONER!!
Seth_Breen_CTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #5
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_Breen_CTT View Post
I'm trying to stop one of the OPELINT instructors and ask them. But I will see if I can find CTT1 Sekula. I have not seen anyone with that name. But I will definitely hit him with a bird call. HAHA
He's not an instructor himself. He's the guy who sets up all the schools for us T branchers. One of the instructors might know who he is though. It would be funny as hell if you tracked him down and just made a bird call at him hahaha He would be on the phone with me in minutes!

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote