NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTT = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN TECHNICAL

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 02-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #1
Breakdancer/EOD

Breakdancer/EOD is on a distinguished road
Default Should I keep my car.

I love my car and don't want to sell it. It 2007 328i coupe fully loaded! I might not make spec ops eod because My run isn't fast enough
11:12 is my mile and half. Anyways I'm coming to terms that the job I signed up for which is CTT is in my future. I was looking at corry station video's and seems like everyone is going off base and there's a parking lot. Should I keep my car and How am I going to pay for it when in bootcamp. Help me out guy's, i ship out 20140407. I need to make some moves here
Breakdancer/EOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #2
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

My buddy is a CTT... she was at Corry for a while and parked her car right next to her barracks on base. Having a car in Pensacola will save you a lot of money, since you're looking at ~$40 round-trip if you wanna go to the mall or downtown. I paid to ship my car from San Francisco to Pensacola, and I still came out way ahead with the amount of cab fare I saved after 8 months in Pensacola, and the freedom it gave me to explore the outlying areas. Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure you don't need a liberty buddy at Corry Station. As far as bootcamp goes, you'd need to arrange for some sort of automatic payment and make sure you have enough money to cover the 2 months while you're in Great Lakes. After that, you'll need to consult with the POV policy at Corry, and arrange to have it shipped to you, which will require someone wherever the car is to hand over custody, and then you'll need to make sure you're available to take delivery of the car... the drivers are usually passing through with several cars going to delivery locations down the road... so they get angry if you're not ready to take the car as they pass through town.

On a slightly off-topic note... if EOD doesn't work out for you, but you're looking for something more than just your standard CTT duties, ask your instructors at Corry about the possibility of Aircrew orders... you'll go to Naval Aircrew Candidate School right after Corry, and then end up in VQ-1 up in Whidbey Island flying on the EP-3E Aries II spy planes doing secret squirrel stuff 'n things to the Chinese. I had a CTT1 in my Candidate School class, and my CTT buddy had a classmate pick up Aircrew orders out of A School.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:40 PM   #3
Breakdancer/EOD

Breakdancer/EOD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasino View Post
My buddy is a CTT... she was at Corry for a while and parked her car right next to her barracks on base. Having a car in Pensacola will save you a lot of money, since you're looking at ~$40 round-trip if you wanna go to the mall or downtown. I paid to ship my car from San Francisco to Pensacola, and I still came out way ahead with the amount of cab fare I saved after 8 months in Pensacola, and the freedom it gave me to explore the outlying areas. Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure you don't need a liberty buddy at Corry Station. As far as bootcamp goes, you'd need to arrange for some sort of automatic payment and make sure you have enough money to cover the 2 months while you're in Great Lakes. After that, you'll need to consult with the POV policy at Corry, and arrange to have it shipped to you, which will require someone wherever the car is to hand over custody, and then you'll need to make sure you're available to take delivery of the car... the drivers are usually passing through with several cars going to delivery locations down the road... so they get angry if you're not ready to take the car as they pass through town.

On a slightly off-topic note... if EOD doesn't work out for you, but you're looking for something more than just your standard CTT duties, ask your instructors at Corry about the possibility of Aircrew orders... you'll go to Naval Aircrew Candidate School right after Corry, and then end up in VQ-1 up in Whidbey Island flying on the EP-3E Aries II spy planes doing secret squirrel stuff 'n things to the Chinese. I had a CTT1 in my Candidate School class, and my CTT buddy had a classmate pick up Aircrew orders out of A School.
Wow thanks for the info brother! You're from frisco?!? I'm from santa rosa, but currently reside in little rock :/ lol small world
Breakdancer/EOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakdancer/EOD View Post
Wow thanks for the info brother! You're from frisco?!? I'm from santa rosa, but currently reside in little rock :/ lol small world
Yup... just across the Bay in Orinda to be exact, but nobody knows where Orinda is, so I just say SF.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:50 AM   #5
Seth_Breen_CTT

Seth_Breen_CTT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasino View Post

Would you recommend aircrew? I am going for CTT as well, but thought about aircrew. My recruiter is air crew and he said he loves it. How often are you guys gone from home? Do you fly every day? Weekend work ups?

BOOMER SOONER!!
Seth_Breen_CTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #6
AramilX

AramilX is on a distinguished road

DEP date 10SEP13
Ship date 03JUN14
AramilX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:10 PM   #7
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_Breen_CTT View Post
Would you recommend aircrew? I am going for CTT as well, but thought about aircrew. My recruiter is air crew and he said he loves it. How often are you guys gone from home? Do you fly every day? Weekend work ups?
I'll send you a PM...