NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
mich313

mich313 is on a distinguished road
Default Chocolate?!

So this is obviously a low priority question, but still curious none the less.

Can we have chocolate at bootcamp?

Also, I've heard mixed on coffee...I have successfully given up all caffeine in prep for boot but if it's there that would be a lovely surprise!
Ship Date 20141008
mich313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

When you get a chance to go to recruit heaven you should be able to get chocolate, depending on RDC's of course. Yes, there is coffee at RTC. There is a bit of debate about whether or not it is caffeinated but it is there either way.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

We got little bags of chocolate candies at Christmas dinner, but that was the only time we were specifically given chocolate. There were various kinds of desserts that used chocolate - ice cream (although only on sundays), cookies etc, although the RDCs for the most part disapproved of us eating dessert.

Going to recruit heaven/being allowed to buy food at the NEX will depend on your RDCs.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #4
FS1

FS1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhaun View Post
We got little bags of chocolate candies at Christmas dinner, but that was the only time we were specifically given chocolate. There were various kinds of desserts that used chocolate - ice cream (although only on sundays), cookies etc, although the RDCs for the most part disapproved of us eating dessert.

Going to recruit heaven/being allowed to buy food at the NEX will depend on your RDCs.
Will RDC actually stop you from eating desert or just discourage? I run 1.5 mile in 12:00 so I am not out of shape
FS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #5
BloodyPheonix

BloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS1 View Post
Will RDC actually stop you from eating desert or just discourage? I run 1.5 mile in 12:00 so I am not out of shape
They cannot stop you from eating anything BUT they do have methods of discouraging you. Like IT lots of it.
BloodyPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #6
CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie
**Active Duty**

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to behold

How about the skinny people like me? Do they tell us to get desert, or to just eat a lot of everything else?
Old 09-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #7
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

Y'all are trying too hard to have everything planned out for you. We just don't know the answers to some of these questions. Your RDC might be feeling hardcore one day, or they might be chill. You need to accept some uncertainty, because believe me, it'll only get worse in the fleet.

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #8
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

My RDCs judged on the basis of whether or not you passed your most recent PFA. If you passed, you could have dessert. If not, you were going to get yelled at, guilt-tripped etc. It didn't matter whether you were skinny or not (although I suppose they might have made an exception for someone who was over their weight limit/over tape).

Now, it should be noted that when you take your first PFA you're coming off a week or two of no PT and everyone's hacking up a lung because of all the colds and whatnot that everyone else brought with them. Even if you would normally pass, you might not pass that one.

I failed my run on the first PFA by about a minute, but cut off 3 whole minutes for the second PFA (which was only 2 weeks later, but I was over the cold), if that gives you an idea.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #9
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

What is this dessert you speak of?

The closest thing we got to dessert for the first 9 weeks was peanut butter and gummy vitamins... (and protein bars, but you had to do individual PT to earn those). I never used to like peanut butter.... it is now one of my favorite snacks

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #10
classified9
**Active Duty**

classified9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auridan View Post
Y'all are trying too hard to have everything planned out for you. We just don't know the answers to some of these questions. Your RDC might be feeling hardcore one day, or they might be chill. You need to accept some uncertainty, because believe me, it'll only get worse in the fleet.
I will not accept the uncertainty, I was told coffee and doughnuts will be brought to me first thing every morning.

not srs

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jimmy V
classified9 is offline   Reply With Quote