NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTN = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN NETWORKS

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
kayleeeileen

kayleeeileen is on a distinguished road
Default CTN - Auto E-4 Advancement?

My contract states automatic advancement to E-4 but my question is, will this happen after the completion of A school, C school, or both, or does it mean I must wait through the time it would normally take and just am not required to test for anvancement? If someone has the answer it would be greatly appreciated. My recruiter has not been able to answer this for me.
kayleeeileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

It should say in your contract, but it's usually pending the successful completion of your schooling.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

Here's what I found on wiki:
Unlike the seaman and lower ranks, advancement to petty officer third class is not automatic given time in service, but is also contingent on performance evaluations by their superiors and rate examinations (test of specialty knowledge), except for certain technical ratings which carry automatic advancement to PO3, after successful completion of the rating's "A" school and fulfillment of time in rate requirements.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
cttaef21

cttaef21 is on a distinguished road

I can't speak for CTN but CTT's get it upon becoming rated(completion of A school)as long as you have fulfilled the necessary time in rate requirements...I assume CTN would be the same...and if for example if you are an e-1, you have to wait the 9 months to e-2, then another 9 until e-3, and then the 6 months to automatically get e-4
cttaef21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
kennyja28

kennyja28 is on a distinguished road

I am going to be talking to a recruiter tomorrow and I was just wondering if you wanted to go in to be a ctn specifically can you choose that or do they pick for you as far as the cti field goes? Thanks
Kenny
kennyja28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
AyeeYoAP

AyeeYoAP is on a distinguished road

CTI and CTN are 2 different things. CTI deals with languages and translation. CTN deals with computers and crypt.

When you go to MEPS and it comes time to pick a job, tell them tht you're interested in whichever rate you're interested in and they'll tell you whether or not you qualify for it and if it's available.
AyeeYoAP is offline   Reply With Quote