NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
Mparker181

Mparker181 is on a distinguished road

The last time this thread was even brought up was in February. So things can change. Pardon me for being curious. A simple "the rules haven't changed" was all that was needed. If you don't want to give repetitive answers, don't answer repetitive questions.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

While this thread has been dead since February, that question does pop up quite frequently. I've seen it at least 10 times and I haven't even been on here that long. Any thread that asks anything about hair will have it at least once as well as many of the ask the new graduates threads.

That plus the "I heard they're extending bootcamp to X number of weeks" . . . nope, the rumors persist but nothing actually changes.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
tiffanynacole

tiffanynacole is on a distinguished road

the last time it had been asked was 8 months ago. i can understand being curious.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
AyeeYoAP

AyeeYoAP is on a distinguished road

I went to bootcamp w. a sew in. There was one girl in my division who also had a sew in and another one had a wig.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
bosslady718

bosslady718 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeeYoAP View Post
I went to bootcamp w. a sew in. There was one girl in my division who also had a sew in and another one had a wig.

ok so you wore a sew in!! did they have you take it out ???

I ship out DEC(2013) dont mind cutting it at all but if there was a possible way around it I would love that!!!

FYI Thanks for the info EVERYONE
Old 10-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
AyeeYoAP

AyeeYoAP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosslady718 View Post
ok so you wore a sew in!! did they have you take it out ???

I ship out DEC(2013) dont mind cutting it at all but if there was a possible way around it I would love that!!!

FYI Thanks for the info EVERYONE
Nope. My friend helped me take it out I think... after taps the Saturday before gradution so I could have time during holiday routine the next day to wash it and comb it out... etc! I wrote a letter to my mom telling her to schedule me a hair appointment for as soon as graduation ended. I literally spent all my liberty getting another sew in lol

Some MEPS will make you take it out. I know the one in Jacksonville for sure will make you do it bkuz thats what happened to one of the girls i went to A School with.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #7
Rusk

Rusk is on a distinguished road

It's just hair, get it cut.. easy day....
Old 10-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
bosslady718

bosslady718 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeeYoAP View Post
Nope. My friend helped me take it out I think... after taps the Saturday before gradution so I could have time during holiday routine the next day to wash it and comb it out... etc! I wrote a letter to my mom telling her to schedule me a hair appointment for as soon as graduation ended. I literally spent all my liberty getting another sew in lol

Some MEPS will make you take it out. I know the one in Jacksonville for sure will make you do it bkuz thats what happened to one of the girls i went to A School with.
lol ok thanks
Closed Thread