NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTN = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN NETWORKS

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #1
jabONE
**Active Duty**

jabONE is on a distinguished road
Question CTN conversion for fleet returnee

I am currently an HN in the process of converting to CTN. I have gotten my interim security clearance so in the meantime I am just waiting to get cut orders for school. My question is if my orders say accompanied but I choose to leave my family where they are at currently, do I get full BAH still and will it be based off dependent location or Pensacola BAH? I anticipate losing BAS regardless but will I be able to collect Family Sep pay? If the orders say unaccompanied then I believe for sure that I will collect full BAH but I still do not know if it is based on dependent location or Pensacola? The last question I have is as an E-3 fleet returnee with over 4 years of service, what can I expect liberty policy to be like? Will I have to start at Phase I liberty? If my dependents are located in Mississippi about 3 hours away from Pensacola, would I be able to visit them on liberty on the weekends provided I am not on duty? Thank you in advance to anyone with knowledge or advice.

V/R,

HN Baron
jabONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:29 PM   #2
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

I can't answer the Corry questions, but if your orders say accompanied you wouldn't be eligible for family separation pay and your BAH would be based on Corry rates. If your orders say unaccompanied you would be eligible for family separation pay and your BAH would be based on your dependents' location (Mississippi).

EDIT: Some references
JTR

Chapter 10 Part E Section 5
1. A member with a dependent who serves an unaccompanied/dependent restricted tour (see DoDI 1315.18)
OCONUS or unusually arduous sea duty outside the U.S. is authorized a dependent’s location-based with dependent
housing allowance
, or an old PDS-based with-dependent housing allowance if the dependent
remained in the residence shared with the member before PCS, did not relocate, and is not in Gov’t Qtrs. See
Table 10E-6 for specific situation-based rate information.

Chapter 10 Part E Section 8
A. General. The FSH allowance is based upon a separation resulting from military orders and not the personal
choice of the member and/or dependents. It is payable to a member with dependents for added housing expenses
resulting from separation from the dependents when a member is assigned to an OCONUS PDS, or to a PDS in
CONUS to which concurrent travel has been denied
. General conditions are:
1. Dependent transportation to the PDS is not authorized at Gov’t expense under 37 USC §406;
2. Dependents do not reside in the PDS vicinity; and
3. Gov’t Qtrs are not available for assignment to the member.

Last edited by jzhaun; 08-28-2015 at 09:12 PM.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:23 PM   #3
CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie
**Active Duty**

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to behold

If the CTN schoolhouse treats fleet returnees the same way the CTR schoolhouse does, you will be given phase three Liberty right away unless your prove that you can not be trusted.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:15 AM   #4
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGuard07 View Post
If the CTN schoolhouse treats fleet returnees the same way the CTR schoolhouse does, you will be given phase three Liberty right away unless your prove that you can not be trusted.
Seconded. You should be good to go as soon as you get there as long as all you're stuff is setup on base and you don't act like an idiot haha

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote