NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 05-19-2015, 01:49 AM   #1
kycop107

kycop107 is on a distinguished road
Default Rate change in bootcamp

I have heard from a few people that you may be offered to change your rate around week 3 or 4 of bootcamp. Does anyone who has graduated recently know if this is true?
kycop107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:16 AM   #2
CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie
**Active Duty**

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to behold

I've never heard of a success story when sailors come back from bootcamp. I always hear future sailors talk about it but I haven't heard of anyone actually doing it.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:59 AM   #3
BonzerAsp
**Active Duty**

BonzerAsp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycop107 View Post
I have heard from a few people that you may be offered to change your rate around week 3 or 4 of bootcamp. Does anyone who has graduated recently know if this is true?
I know sometimes it can happen. You don't get to choose it really though. My RPOC was given ABE in basic

"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington

BonzerAsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #4
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

AB's, Av's, and Nukes get assigned their sub-rating during RTC... otherwise, 99.9% of recruits who go to RTC with a rating leave with that same rating. Where confusion or rumor might come up is due to certain ratings requiring a special physical around week 3-4... if they don't meet the special medical requirements for those ratings, they're given the option of reclassifying. In that case, an AW, AC, Nuke, etc. might leave RTC with a new rating.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:26 PM   #5
HM DEEZLE

Location: NC babbbbbyyyyy ... where we're good for nothing except SWEET TEA, BBQ, and BASKETBALL
HM DEEZLE is a splendid one to beholdHM DEEZLE is a splendid one to beholdHM DEEZLE is a splendid one to behold

I just graduated on the 8th. The only time they let recruits change ratings at RTC was if somehow you are disqualified from your contracted rating. If this happen you will get to choose from a list of available ratings depending on the the needs of the navy. Most go undes.

Depped: 20140729

Ship: 20150317
HM DEEZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:37 PM   #6
BonzerAsp
**Active Duty**

BonzerAsp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM DEEZLE View Post
I just graduated on the 8th. The only time they let recruits change ratings at RTC was if somehow you are disqualified from your contracted rating. If this happen you will get to choose from a list of available ratings depending on the the needs of the navy. Most go undes.
Yeah that's what happened to my RPOC. They had like 3 open rates and they gave him ABE. He wasn't a happy recruit lol

"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington

BonzerAsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:51 AM   #7
HM DEEZLE

Location: NC babbbbbyyyyy ... where we're good for nothing except SWEET TEA, BBQ, and BASKETBALL
HM DEEZLE is a splendid one to beholdHM DEEZLE is a splendid one to beholdHM DEEZLE is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzerAsp View Post
Yeah that's what happened to my RPOC. They had like 3 open rates and they gave him ABE. He wasn't a happy recruit lol
We had this one person lose her top secret in my division. Talk about a sad day.

Depped: 20140729

Ship: 20150317
HM DEEZLE is offline   Reply With Quote