NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-26-2014, 01:28 AM   #1
StormyMelodies

StormyMelodies is on a distinguished road
Default Musical Division VS Regular Divison

So I can sing, play any percussion instrument AND spin a riffle(Did baton for many years and we spun riffles for routines). So I can do anything needed in the 900 divisions. But when talking to my husband who did boot in july-september of 2013, he told me that joining that division would be stupid of me.(He was in a reg) My thought in the whole thing is that music is what got me through high school and gets me through any hard time. I feel like being able to play music in boot camp would keep my spirits up and help me get through it easier. Has anyone ever been through one and can tell me what its really like?
StormyMelodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

900s work a fair bit harder than other divisions due to the practice they have to put in, so it will probably be more stressful. That said, RTC really isn't THAT hard, and a little more stress might have made it more fun, in my opinion.

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #3
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

What your husband likes and what you like may be completely different. You may love doing something he would hate.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:21 AM   #4
Soccer_cat

Soccer_cat is on a distinguished road

I was in a 900 triple threat. I would say do it if given the choice/chance. The rdcs get to "pick" their recruits for these divisions so it might be slightly better. It's still boot camp but it was something to look forward to. I *think* they move a bit faster too.
Soccer_cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boot camp, division, music