NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
Bahrke

Bahrke is on a distinguished road

You can definitely ship overweight. I am 10 lbs over mine and fine. It's the body fat percentage that matters. 22% is the golden number
Bahrke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
aharris

aharris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahrke View Post
You can definitely ship overweight. I am 10 lbs over mine and fine. It's the body fat percentage that matters. 22% is the golden number
Yup, and 33% for females.
aharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
cakers00

cakers00 is on a distinguished road

I know when I go to boot in 97 days (excited it is under 100 now) that I will still have some fat on me. I've been on the heavier side since I was around 10 yrs old. But I have lost about 50lbs or so to join the navy. When I depped in I was 8lbs over my max weight but was sitting right at the 33% (I think they can sign you at 36% b/c they know you have time to lose it) Well the holidays and being sick have caught up with me. I know I have time to lose it and more but I still kind of worry how well I really will do. I dont want to be the 'fat' one at boot. I am not worried about pushups or situps b/c I know I can push myself when I am 'competing' but I suck at running. I have done two 5k's in the past month or so and although I walked parts of them, I ran the first 1.5-2 miles. I run on a treadmill now that it is cold out but it's so boring that I have a hard time pushing myself past a mile. But I am doing a mile at about 9:30 pace.

One of my best friends who is an HM in Japan told me that there are actually very few people that are in shape when you get to boot (she was one of them lol) and that so many cant even do a pushup. Hearing that helps me not worry as much. I guess as long as we all commit to push ourselves a little more each day and keep our focus on why we are doing it then we will be a great contribution to America's Navy.

sorry I sometimes tend to ramble -_-
cakers00 is offline   Reply With Quote