NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 12-22-2014, 08:49 PM   #1
Navy_Ryan

Navy_Ryan is on a distinguished road
Default Boot Camp Swim Test

Hello all! This is my first post in the forums, so excuse me if I sound kinda nervous in my words.

I'm getting ready to ship out for Boot Camp sometime in the summer, and I'm very nervous about the swim test. I'm not that avid of a swimmer, yet I did take swim classes when I was younger. I haven't set foot in a pool since I was 11... Nearly 7 years! The most simple way for me to word this question is what will I be doing for the swim test? I don't know many strokes, and the strokes I do know, well, I'm not too great at them. I hope I can get an answer! Thanks!
Navy_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #2
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site!

Believe me when I say that in swimming, you're already well ahead of plenty of people. This is a very popular question on these forums, and I invite you to check out the other threads discussing it for a longer answer, or perhaps a shorter one.

If you just need a quick reassurance: You're going to be fine. You're going to step off a short diving platform into the pool, swim to the edge, and then make it to the other end of the pool alive (50 meters I think, and they don't care about form). After that you'll do a prone float for 5 minutes, and then a coverall-inflate float, and you will not see the pool again unless you failed something.

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:38 AM   #3
NavyPanther

NavyPanther has a spectacular aura about

Here is a video I found when I was curious about the swim test.

http://youtu.be/t7DpcDK-sf4

ET3 Pizarro

DEP: 20150127 AECF
Ship: 20150304
Boot camp Graduation: 01MAY2015
ET A School Graduation: 17DEC2015 Distinguished Military Graduate
NavyPanther is offline   Reply With Quote