NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
warehimer33

warehimer33 is on a distinguished road
Default Pay

I know this has been mentioned but I can't seem to find it. In boot camp, I know we are paid, but when does that pay hit our account? Like about what week of boot camp?

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --Ronald Reagan
warehimer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
FutureSailor24

FutureSailor24 is on a distinguished road

http://www.military.com/benefits/mil...pay-dates.html
FutureSailor24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

You get paid on the 1st and 15th of the month. What week of bootcamp that hits your account depends on when you arrive.
I shipped out on the 27th of November, but I think I didn't get a separate payment for those first few days, I think the first one hit December 15th.

Do not count on x amount of money arriving before x date though. Make sure you've got enough in there to cover and automatic payments you have going for several months. You never know what might happen.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
warehimer33

I'm just curious because I'm going to quit work when I have enough car payments saved up and a little YOLO money to spare. So there isn't a hold or anything? I should, if everything is normal, be paid on April 15th or May 1st.

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --Ronald Reagan
Old 08-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
FutureSailor24

i know that there is a day pretty soon after we arrive at RTC that we can sign up for direct deposit and a bank account. i'm planning on getting signed up with Navy Fed even though i already have an account with Wells Fargo since there's a Navy Fed branch on all Navy bases and if you have Navy Fed you get paid sooner than everybody who doesn't have Navy Fed.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
warehimer33

I'm definitely going to switch over to NavyFederal. BOFA sucks.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #7
FutureSailor24

yeah i'll probably end up moving a bunch of my money over to Navy Fed. wells fargo has terrible interest rates and it will make it easier to access my money if i'm stationed overseas.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
warehimer33

Yeah and it has NAVY in the title so it's gotta be good ;)

Old 08-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #9
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

Got there on March 25th, first paycheck was on April 15th. They will take money out for your ditty bag.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
Underwood

Underwood is on a distinguished road

I see a lot of ya'll going to navy fed? I have BOA and i dont have any complaints with them. I have a fiancé and we "share" our earnings so we have a joint account. But what do ya'll mean when we dont get paid as fast? Is it like 1-2 days later or like a week later? I want to keep the BOA so that she has money to pay bills (hers and mine) while im away.
Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #11
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwood View Post
I see a lot of ya'll going to navy fed? I have BOA and i dont have any complaints with them. I have a fiancé and we "share" our earnings so we have a joint account. But what do ya'll mean when we dont get paid as fast? Is it like 1-2 days later or like a week later? I want to keep the BOA so that she has money to pay bills (hers and mine) while im away.
You can have your auto deposit in any bank you wish, just make sure you have the forms if not a military bank. As far as when you will get paid, it really does depend on WHEN you arrive at boot..if you arrive more towards the end of a pay period, like lets say Nov 8th..it is VERY likely you will NOT get a pay check on the 15th..you will get one at the end of the month..HOWEVER sometimes it takes a few pay periods to catch up to regular amounts. Your first payceck will not be a full check, as they will take out everything you needed that were issued to you when you arrived...ALWAYS have enough on your bank account at home to cover all expenses for at least 2 to 3 months if you can! Like cell phone if you dont turn it off, car payments, credit card payments and the like.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #12
wlowry

wlowry is on a distinguished road

If you guys are wanting to switch to Navy Fed, you can actually open an account now that you are in DEP. All you need to do is call them, the number is on their website. I set up my account with them already so I'll be good to go when I ship to RTC.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:53 AM   #13
llamayamaa

llamayamaa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlowry View Post
If you guys are wanting to switch to Navy Fed, you can actually open an account now that you are in DEP. All you need to do is call them, the number is on their website. I set up my account with them already so I'll be good to go when I ship to RTC.

I would seriously recommend doing this. I wish I had done it before I left for BC. So many things are going on and when the Navy Fed reps come to talk to you, you're so brain dead that it's so hard to concentrate on what they're saying. And you're so strapped for time that you don't really have a chance to think things through, read all the information, and get exactly what you want.

Plus, if you share accounts with someone, you'll already have the account info for them to access if you open before BC. I opened a checking and savings account with Navy Fed while at BC but didn't actually use it for a couple MONTHS because my husband needed access to that money as well.

I'd also like to add in my two cents about Navy Fed- it's a union, so everything is going to be better for the members than an actual bank like WF or BOA (interest rates, fees, etc). That being said, the customer service is EXCELLENT. Always kind, always punctual, always able to solve your issues with no problems
llamayamaa is offline   Reply With Quote