NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTN = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN NETWORKS

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 06-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
Craig
Administrator

Craig has disabled reputation
Default CTN3 Bibliography (Bib) Sept 2010

Attached is the CTN3 Bibliography (Bib) Sept 2010. These are the manuals that need to be studied for to advance to CTN3
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BibSep2010001.pdf (278.1 KB, 4495 views)

Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
KreTo

KreTo is on a distinguished road
Default CTN Question for DEPper

Hi All!

This is my first post. I am a DEPper with a CTN contract, scheduled to go to Basic Training on June 26, 2013. A little background about myself. I am a recent Graduate student, I received a Masters Degree in International Relations from Troy University. I have a Dual Bachelors in Political Science and History from SUNY Potsdam. I do not have much experience with networking or computing so I am kind of nervous now that I have had an extended period of time to look into what the CTN rate actually entails. I was wondering what all I should do to prepare, if anything, for my "A" School. I am posting under this thread because I figured an updated pre-basic bibliography would be a nice addition to the info already here.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all
Future Sailor Kregel
KreTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Kregel...first off, WELCOME ABAORD....but may I ask since you have a Masters degree AND 2 BA degrees why you are not going in or trying for an Officer contract?

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
KreTo

KreTo is on a distinguished road

Thank you!

I looked into it. I even tried an Air Force OCS application last year while I was in Grad School but was denied, I lost the slot to a 10 year vet who served in a NATO command... so I understand why I was denied. Anyway, My original intent when I started talking to my Navy Recruiter was to get info on the Navy Officer program. As of right now there is a 13% acceptance rate (or so I am told) for civilians who seek commission. PLUS there is long waiting list (nearly a year). I don't have that kind of time. I am currently unemployed, lost my job to downsizing in June last year, and my school loans are creeping up on me. I also haven't been able to find any job due to either being "over qualified" or "lacking experience". So 500+ applications and resumes later I figured I would go with a sure thing right off the bat and make SOME money/ get the education deferment asap.

But I figure everything will eventually work out. I would like to get a feel for the Navy lifestyle AND get some leadership training as an enlisted man under my belt before I seek commission.

Kregel
KreTo is offline   Reply With Quote