NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 12-15-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
HM DEEZLE

Location: NC babbbbbyyyyy ... where we're good for nothing except SWEET TEA, BBQ, and BASKETBALL
HM DEEZLE is a splendid one to beholdHM DEEZLE is a splendid one to beholdHM DEEZLE is a splendid one to behold
Default Bootcamp Medical

When I was much younger I wore precription glasses.. Somewhere between now and then I lost them or broke them(or both lol), I can't really remember. When I went to Meps they told me that I needed glasses but I didn't have any to provide. So my question is:

Will bootcamp provide me with the prescription glasses I need even if I didn't have any to provide initially?

Also...

I have a couple cavities. One is really bad. I also have these annoying wisdom teeth.

Will they fix those?

Will all this work cause me to graduate late?

Could you explain the process?

Depped: 20140729

Ship: 20150317
HM DEEZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
BonzerAsp
**Active Duty**

BonzerAsp is on a distinguished road

Boot camp meducal will do a quick eye test and whip up some lovely boot camp glasses. As for your teeth, you will get checked by a dentist in P days. They will decided what will be done there and what will be done at A-School. You will probably get your wisdom teeth pulled and your cavities fixed. I went through all of this lol. You won't be set back in training because the RDCs factor in wisdom teeth extractions because nearly everyone will get them pulled.

"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington

BonzerAsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie
**Active Duty**

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to behold

Yep, the yeomens have a busy day during dental days. Well they are usually always busy, but those days were the worst I think. The glasses will be issued, you will have them w/in the first week. Some people that were alright with them never wore them besides on live fire day where it was mandatory
Old 12-16-2014, 02:34 AM   #4
HM DEEZLE

Location: NC babbbbbyyyyy ... where we're good for nothing except SWEET TEA, BBQ, and BASKETBALL
HM DEEZLE is a splendid one to beholdHM DEEZLE is a splendid one to beholdHM DEEZLE is a splendid one to behold

How long do someone in this situation have to sit out?

Depped: 20140729

Ship: 20150317
HM DEEZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 04:25 AM   #5
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

The glasses and cavities will probably get taken care of in pdays when everyone goes, you might take a little longer than most but there's nothing else you're missing by being gone.

For wisdom teeth, there's a certain day (I think it was 1-4) when everyone who needs the extraction and doesn't have any complications will get them out. They all get a day or two of SIQ. This amounts to probably half the division, so there's nothing else going on, you won't miss much.

If your wisdom teeth give you no problems (like mine) you may not need to have them taken out. Or if it's a complicated procedure, they'll probably put it off until you're on hold at A school and then give you several days SIQ (my roommate got 4 days SIQ, but half of it was the weekend).

Except for specific days like Marlinspike or Live Fire, most of bootcamp is just practicing inspections, folding, cleaning and studying. Missing one morning isn't going to hurt, because you'll still have 10 more opportunities or more.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote