NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
ejrwelch
**Active Duty**

ejrwelch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick93 View Post
Well I know that you get the penicillin shot or the "peanut butter shot" in your ass. So either you dont know what your talking about or your just trying to screw with me. Either way I don't really have the patience for either. I did ask this question to get some moron like you giving me advice.
Yikes. I am sure he was referring to the rumor of the square needle to your boy parts rumor. Everyone already knows about the PB shot. Since he's been through RTC he knows what he is talking about and again I would assume that he wasn't trying to screw you over. Having that everyones out to get me attitude is no fun. He was offering a valid piece of advice contrary to what you may think.
ejrwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Laworlo

Laworlo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrwelch View Post
Yikes. I am sure he was referring to the rumor of the square needle to your boy parts rumor. Everyone already knows about the PB shot. Since he's been through RTC he knows what he is talking about and again I would assume that he wasn't trying to screw you over. Having that everyones out to get me attitude is no fun. He was offering a valid piece of advice contrary to what you may think.
That is what I am referring to. Nearly everybody gets the PB Shot, unless you are allergic. Rest assured that I am not trying to screw you over, as I wouldn't be on this forum if I was. I have been through boot camp, and I know some of the rumors. Just trying to put your mind at easy when you hear of such rumors.
Laworlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
griz3232

griz3232 is on a distinguished road

About the PB shot. You get it twice. Once when you get there than one at the end of week five. But the PB shot isn't the worst. its the firing line where you just keep stepping on squares and getting a shot. Most people feel like crap after that for a few days but then it goes away. All in all it is just way over hyped b/c people like to stress you recruits out b/c it is funny.
griz3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
Laworlo

Laworlo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz3232 View Post
About the PB shot. You get it twice. Once when you get there than one at the end of week five. But the PB shot isn't the worst. its the firing line where you just keep stepping on squares and getting a shot. Most people feel like crap after that for a few days but then it goes away. All in all it is just way over hyped b/c people like to stress you recruits out b/c it is funny.
Not everybody gets it twice. Only one person in my division got it done a second time. 4 from brother div got it again. I do not know what determines whether or not you get it twice however. Expect it twice, consider yourself lucky if you get it once?
Laworlo is offline   Reply With Quote