NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 10-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
Craig
Administrator

Craig has disabled reputation
Default EXTRA GUESTS - Will NO LONGER BE ALLOWED into the GRADUATION (PIR) ceremony

All, here is the lastest info on bringing extra guest to PIR (boot camp graduation)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, we have been talking about this...and now it is "official". Calls were made by the members of the 10/26/2012 PIR group as far as bringing extra guests to PIR and they were told by PAO that it would no longer be allowed.
RTC has updated their official website and their Notes on their Facebook page. I have provided the old info and new info with notes explaining the two.
Here goes:
RTC WEBSITE
“Old Information” allowing for allowing the possibility of extra guests”: (In red)
From the RTC Website http://www.bootcamp.navy.mil/faq_family.asp FAQS FOR FAMILIES/FRIENDS Last Modified 8/6/2012
Q.
How many guests per recruit are allowed to attend Pass-In-Review?
A.
+/-
Recruits are permitted to place up to four names on the access list. Please coordinate with your Recruit as only Recruits may place names on the list. RTC can neither change these names nor release the names of those on the list. Children age 12 and younger do not need to be listed on the access list and will not count toward the maximum number of guests. Active Duty and Retired military personnel will not count toward the maximum number of guests and do not need to be listed on the access list, but must present a valid Active Duty/Retired military ID card. The four guests on the access list will be admitted into the ceremonial drill hall first. Additional guests not on the access list will have to wait inside the Visitor Center until after the start of the ceremony at which time they will be allowed into the ceremonial hall if additional seating is available as space permits. No additional seating can be guaranteed. All guests 18 years and older, must present valid government issued photo identification (driver’s license, state ID card, passport, military ID card). Guests 17 years or younger who do not possess one the items listed above must present one of the following: school ID card, driver’s permit, copy of their birth certificate or social security card. PLEASE DO NOT CALL FOR ADDITIONAL SEATS.

“New Information” omitting the possibility of allowing extra guests (Note in Green)
From the RTC Website http://www.bootcamp.navy.mil/faq_family.asp FAQS FOR FAMILIES/FRIENDS Last Modified 10/24/2012
Q.
How many guests per recruit are allowed to attend Pass-In-Review?
A.
+/-
Recruits are permitted to place up to four names on the access list. Please coordinate with your Recruit as only Recruits may place names on the list. RTC can neither change these names nor release the names of those on the list. Children age 12 and younger do not need to be listed on the access list and will not count toward the maximum number of guests. Active Duty and Retired military personnel will not count toward the maximum number of guests and do not need to be listed on the access list, but must present a valid Active Duty/Retired military ID card. (BREAK – Note, this is where the old policy was inserted.) All guests 18 years and older, must present valid government issued photo identification (driver’s license, state ID card, passport, military ID card). Guests 17 years or younger who do not possess one the items listed above must present one of the following: school ID card, driver’s permit, copy of their birth certificate or social security card. PLEASE DO NOT CALL FOR ADDITIONAL SEATS.

RTC FB NOTES PAGE
“Old Information” allowing for allowing the possibility of extra guests”: (In red)
From the RTC FB NOTES FAQ's https://www.facebook.com/notes/us-na...ng-command/fre...
Frequently Asked Questions
by U.S. Navy Recruit Training Command on Monday, March 26, 2012 at 9:25am ·
HOW DO I CHANGE THE NAMES OF OUR GUESTS WHO WILL ATTEND GRADUATION?
You will need to write to your recruit as the recruits are the only ones who can make any changes to the names of the guests to be included on the access list. They must do so about a week prior to graduation. Any guest not on the access list is considered an additional guest and will need to wait at the visitors center to see if additional seating is available. Children 12 years old and younger and active duty/retired military members with proper military ID do not need to be on the access list.

“New Information” omitting the possibility of allowing extra guests (Note in Green).
From the RTC FB NOTES FAQ's https://www.facebook.com/notes/us-na...ng-command/fre...
Frequently Asked Questions
by U.S. Navy Recruit Training Command on Monday, March 26, 2012 at 9:25am ·
(There is no “Date Change” to this Note…but the Old Information stood as of 10/24/2012. This was changed on that date and posted today by me.)
HOW DO I CHANGE THE NAMES OF OUR GUESTS WHO WILL ATTEND GRADUATION?
You will need to write to your recruit as the recruits are the only ones who can make any changes to the names of the guests to be included on the access list. They must do so about a week prior to graduation. Any guest not on the access list will not be allowed in to the graduation ceremony. Children 12 years old and younger and active duty/retired military members with proper military ID do not need to be on the access list.

Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
davyinthenavy

davyinthenavy is on a distinguished road

what about when someone in you division doesnt use their 4?
davyinthenavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
Craig
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyinthenavy View Post
You can't give them away. You have 4 maximum.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #4
sjmcgann

sjmcgann is on a distinguished road

So, just to see if I understand this, if two of the four people I want to invite served in the past (Navy and Army) would I have to put them on the list?
sjmcgann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
Craig
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmcgann View Post
So, just to see if I understand this, if two of the four people I want to invite served in the past (Navy and Army) would I have to put them on the list?
If they are active duty, or, if they are retired (ie they have a retired ID card and collecting military retirement pay), then they do not count against the four (4).

Having served before doesn't, or, having a dependent's ID card doesn't mean anything. You must have a retired ID card or be active duty not to count.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
Craig
Administrator

Over the years we're heard about sailors giving away unused slots on their PIR guest list to other sailors that need more guest slots for PIR. This is from RTC yesterday:

"this is something that some recruits may have chosen to do, they are instructed not to do so. It is against RTC policy, and compromises safety procedures that we have put in place. If we are able to determine that guests do not belong to the recruit they are placed under, they will not be allowed access to PIR. Thank you for your understanding and continued support of the Navy's only boot camp!"

Old 10-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the update Craig....I saw this info the other day on the official navy site too....

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:08 AM   #8
harlee

harlee is on a distinguished road

so you cant put someone on another recruits list even if they dont have 4?
harlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
sweetmtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlee View Post
so you cant put someone on another recruits list even if they dont have 4?
CORRECT...you cant do that anymore.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
Matt05891

Matt05891 is on a distinguished road

I'm going to assume extra guests can still wait in the visitor center then?
Matt05891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #11
sweetmtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt05891 View Post
I'm going to assume extra guests can still wait in the visitor center then?
They would have to wait a few hours then IF they are allowed to stay in there.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #12
DarkAngel77

DarkAngel77 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for posting this info! :D
DarkAngel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #13
ahollingshead92

ahollingshead92 is on a distinguished road
Default Little Help

I just went to the the site ( http://www.bootcamp.navy.mil/faq_family.asp ) and clicked on the question for number of guest and got this, "As of January 1st, 2013 Recruit Training Command will enforce the following policy:

ALL GUESTS, including Active Duty/Retired Military Personnel and those ages 3 and older must be on the access list. Children 2 and under do not need to be on the access list."

My question is, will active duty/retired personnel still have to be put on the list? According to the site they will but from previous post you say they wont.
ahollingshead92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #14
sweetmtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahollingshead92 View Post
I just went to the the site ( http://www.bootcamp.navy.mil/faq_family.asp ) and clicked on the question for number of guest and got this, "As of January 1st, 2013 Recruit Training Command will enforce the following policy:

ALL GUESTS, including Active Duty/Retired Military Personnel and those ages 3 and older must be on the access list. Children 2 and under do not need to be on the access list."

My question is, will active duty/retired personnel still have to be put on the list? According to the site they will but from previous post you say they wont.
It seems they are getting it even tighter...so to answer your question...YES...ALL will need to be on the list, so if you have a large family, you are screwed...

Old 12-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #15
ahollingshead92

ahollingshead92 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmtn View Post
It seems they are getting it even tighter...so to answer your question...YES...ALL will need to be on the list, so if you have a large family, you are screwed...
I already have my four people picked out. I was just hoping that I could also ask my grandfather to come if he was able to use his Retired ID.
ahollingshead92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #16
Bingle

Bingle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyinthenavy View Post
You're not allowed to give them away, but I know I used someone of their spots......Not allowed to but I mean come on now ;).
Bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #17
anlowe7

anlowe7 is on a distinguished road

ALL GUESTS, including Active Duty/Retired Military Personnel and those ages 3 and older must be on the access list. Children 2 and under do not need to be on the access list.

BOO! my oldest will turn 3 right after I leave for boot camp :^( I guess he will count as a seat now
anlowe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #18
sweetmtn

Just understand that the building that the PIR is in has only so many seats...by the building codes they are not allowed to over fill it for safety reasons...they have to limit the seating for a reason, not because they dont want all your family to be there. So please dont take it personally...

Old 12-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #19
anlowe7

anlowe7 is on a distinguished road

oh it didn't bother me really I only had 5 (including my 2 kids) and 2 didn't count...but now one does :^) but I'm still trying to decide whether my husband should bring them or not....I really want them there but I think just for myself more than for them because I'm not sure how they will act during graduation since they are still pretty small and have small attention spans
anlowe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #20
sweetmtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlowe7 View Post
oh it didn't bother me really I only had 5 (including my 2 kids) and 2 didn't count...but now one does :^) but I'm still trying to decide whether my husband should bring them or not....I really want them there but I think just for myself more than for them because I'm not sure how they will act during graduation since they are still pretty small and have small attention spans
For me personally...if they are very young I would leave them with other family...the PIR is VERY long, and no one likes to hear a baby cry...if they do you have to take them outside, then you miss out on stuff...jmo