NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 12-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #1
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGuard07 View Post
Yeah I'm new at this and im trying to know what I canand can not say publicly. ( I rather be told what I can say, then what I can't say after it's been said) But my class right now is 450, and they say if you do good enough you get a chance to be picked up for 451. I'm not sure if it's the same as the NEC or not.
That's probably the code for the class itself. If you can find out the actual NEC then I could fill you in on what I know.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #2
CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie
**Active Duty**

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
That's probably the code for the class itself. If you can find out the actual NEC then I could fill you in on what I know.

/r
CTT1
Yes, the class does give you the NEC code 9147. Who usually gets orders to go to this class and would you suggest trying to get it before going to the fleet if I can, or should I try to get some experience first?
Old 02-11-2015, 09:29 AM   #3
Jgraham0517

Jgraham0517 is on a distinguished road

I am depping and my rate will be ctr. I would love to get stationed overseas somewhere. honestly wouldn't matter where to me. Are there a lot of countries to be stationed and do you think they would be more inclined to send someone over that is a little more vocal about going?
Jgraham0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie
**Active Duty**

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to behold

Currently, they are not allowing any new CTR's to be stationed overseas. Of course if you are on a deployment and your ship goes overseas then you will be with the ship. And even if you do ask for it a lot, we don't get to talk to the detailed so your instructor will probably just get annoyed Cus he or she can't really do anything about it.

Even the fleet returnees that have been stationed overseas can be stationed there. And they talk directly to the detailed. So if they can't get special treatment, it's going to be hard for us to get special treatment.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #5
Jgraham0517

Jgraham0517 is on a distinguished road

are the common places being stationed still san Antonio, Georgia, Hawaii, Norfolk and ft meade?
Jgraham0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:21 PM   #6
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgraham0517 View Post
are the common places being stationed still san Antonio, Georgia, Hawaii, Norfolk and ft meade?
I can't answer that directly as it would violate OPSEC. Being this is a public forum that anyone can come read, saying what rates are going to what places, to do what things, is something you REALLY don't want to put on a public website.... Welcome to being a Spook and learning to never talk about anything specific haha What I want you to get out of that is that foreign intelligence is most likely watching these kinds of forums for specific information like that. So things like that are what I want you to keep in mind when posting something anywhere online (facebook, here, twitter, ect).

Where you get stationed just depends on your rate and where the Navy needs your specific skills at that time. As an R-brancher you're just as likely to be going to a ship anywhere in the fleet as you are to any of those places (or others).

/r
CTT1
Old 02-19-2015, 07:26 PM   #7
momtinez

momtinez is on a distinguished road

General questions..dont want to violate any rules here, but apologies if I do. I signed CTI, ship in a few months.

1. We pick our languages in bootcamp, correct? And I'm assuming this is on a score-type basis (ie if 3 people scored over 110, the highest scoring person gets to pick their language first) but I could be wrong. Does anyone know exactly how that process will work? I'm just hoping to get the language I want.

2. I know most every other rating goes to their A-school, then picks orders based on how they rank in their classes. For CTI's, since you've already got your language, is there anything to select? Or do you go to whatever NIOC regardless of grades, just based on language.

3. And I know SERE is kind of an unspoken thing, but I've aways been beyond interested in aircrew and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight or advice. Also, if you fail out or DOR of NACCS or SERE, I'm assuming you just go back to your NIOC and keep your rating?

4. I know sub duty isn't taking female volunteers right now, is anyone aware if aircrew is taking female volunteers? I've also read a lot about the military not sending females to less than friendly areas overseas, does that mean DIRSUP isn't an option? Sorry to bombard with questions...

If any of these were answered elsewhere, I genuinely apologize. I've just read this entire forum, so it is very likely I've turbo loaded my own brain lol

Thanks in advanced!!
momtinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:09 PM   #8
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtinez View Post
General questions..dont want to violate any rules here, but apologies if I do. I signed CTI, ship in a few months.
Quote:
1. We pick our languages in bootcamp, correct? And I'm assuming this is on a score-type basis (ie if 3 people scored over 110, the highest scoring person gets to pick their language first) but I could be wrong. Does anyone know exactly how that process will work? I'm just hoping to get the language I want.
Jzhaun would be the best person for this question.

Quote:
2. I know most every other rating goes to their A-school, then picks orders based on how they rank in their classes. For CTI's, since you've already got your language, is there anything to select? Or do you go to whatever NIOC regardless of grades, just based on language.
You'll get sent to whatever NIOC needs your language. I can't get into specifics, but I think you're already on the right track here.

Quote:
3. And I know SERE is kind of an unspoken thing, but I've aways been beyond interested in aircrew and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight or advice. Also, if you fail out or DOR of NACCS or SERE, I'm assuming you just go back to your NIOC and keep your rating?
Talk to your instructors while you're in A-school as there might be billets open for it. I know quite a few female CTI Aircrewmen, so you definitely have a shot. You're correct that if you don't complete the Aircrew pipeline that you go back to a NIOC for your typical CTI duties.

Quote:
4. I know sub duty isn't taking female volunteers right now, is anyone aware if aircrew is taking female volunteers? I've also read a lot about the military not sending females to less than friendly areas overseas, does that mean DIRSUP isn't an option? Sorry to bombard with questions...
Like I said above, Aircrew is totally open to you. You'll be flying the same missions the males do, so there isn't a difference there. Part of the reason Aircrew is volunteer only is because it's a dangerous job. Flights get shot down, taken prisoner, ect. It's happened before and will most likely happen again at some point. The Navy doesn't care what's between your legs when you're sitting in that seat, only that you can do the job and that you want to be there.

Quote:
If any of these were answered elsewhere, I genuinely apologize. I've just read this entire forum, so it is very likely I've turbo loaded my own brain lol

Thanks in advanced!!
/r
CTT1
Old 02-19-2015, 08:23 PM   #9
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

Quote:

Jzhaun would be the best person for this question.

2. I know most every other rating goes to their A-school, then picks orders based on how they rank in their classes. For CTI's, since you've already got your language, is there anything to select? Or do you go to whatever NIOC regardless of grades, just based on language.[/QUOTE] You'll get sent to whatever NIOC needs your language. I can't get into specifics, but I think you're already on the right track here.

3. And I know SERE is kind of an unspoken thing, but I've aways been beyond interested in aircrew and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight or advice. Also, if you fail out or DOR of NACCS or SERE, I'm assuming you just go back to your NIOC and keep your rating?[/QUOTE] Talk to your instructors while you're in A-school as there might be billets open for it. I know quite a few female CTI Aircrewmen, so you definitely have a shot. You're correct that if you don't complete the Aircrew pipeline that you go back to a NIOC for your typical CTI duties.

4. I know sub duty isn't taking female volunteers right now, is anyone aware if aircrew is taking female volunteers? I've also read a lot about the military not sending females to less than friendly areas overseas, does that mean DIRSUP isn't an option? Sorry to bombard with questions...[/QUOTE] Like I said above, Aircrew is totally open to you. You'll be flying the same missions the males do, so there isn't a difference there. Part of the reason Aircrew is volunteer only is because it's a dangerous job. Flights get shot down, taken prisoner, ect. It's happened before and will most likely happen again at some point. The Navy doesn't care what's between your legs when you're sitting in that seat, only that you can do the job and that you want to be there.

Thanks in advanced!![/QUOTE]

/r
CTT1
Old 02-20-2015, 02:38 PM   #10
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
SERE isn't that bad... okay, yeah it is... but you can't actually DOR from it (For obvious reasons, there is no such thing as a DOR or Training Time Out policy out there); once you hit the field, you're either leaving on a gurney, or you're walking out with a certificate. As far as NACCS goes, it's tougher than most Navy schools... but nowhere near SpecWar tough. Check out some of the threads in the AW subforum for specifics.

I'd definitely advocate for Aircrew... but then I'm also biased.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cryptologic, ctm, ctn, ctr, ctt