NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
kia taylor

kia taylor is on a distinguished road
Default Bootcamp Paycheck

Hi everyone,
My Husband just shipped out to boot camp (April 19) and I'm just wondering when does he receive his first paycheck? Also what will that paycheck look like as far as Navy expenses taken out? Any help on this would be great!!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
cire

cire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia taylor View Post
Hi everyone,
My Husband just shipped out to boot camp (April 19) and I'm just wondering when does he receive his first paycheck? Also what will that paycheck look like as far as Navy expenses taken out? Any help on this would be great!!!!
pay day is on the 1st and 15th. you don't have access to a bank account while in boot camp so most people don't know what (or how little) they are actually getting paid.. just assume it will be pretty much nothing. If he is an E1, it will be even less

Quote:
mack_it_nasty: my boyfriend wouldnt like that gee.
geeMA: the hell? you told me you were single. lol
mack_it_nasty: oh did i...
geeMA: i got trolled
Old 03-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
kia taylor

He's actually an E-3.....does that make a difference?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
griz3232

griz3232 is on a distinguished road

Here you go http://militarypay.defense.gov/mpcal...ators/RMC.aspx this should help if you know the proper info to put in.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #5
Lancaster

Lancaster is on a distinguished road

really depends the most i've seen without kids was 3.1k a month but his first paycheck will not be that big. If the account it a joint account then just look it up online...I don't remember when they set up the mypay account but i know its in week 5...I should remember this since I just left RTC but once you get his mypay info from him you will figure it out easily cuz it will list everything
Old 03-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #6
cthompson94

cthompson94 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
really depends the most i've seen without kids was 3.1k a month but his first paycheck will not be that big. If the account it a joint account then just look it up online...I don't remember when they set up the mypay account but i know its in week 5...I should remember this since I just left RTC but once you get his mypay info from him you will figure it out easily cuz it will list everything
That would be very nice! I have been trying to get a good estimate on how much I may end up with after I finish Basic
Old 03-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #7
Mako17

Mako17 is on a distinguished road

Expect the first pay on May 15th. My hubby went to BCT on Feb 20 and got his first pay on March 15.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
kia taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako17 View Post
Expect the first pay on May 15th. My hubby went to BCT on Feb 20 and got his first pay on March 15.
Thanks that gives me a good idea of what to expect. Did your husband receive BHA on the first paycheck?
Old 03-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
prop827

prop827 is on a distinguished road

Normally payday is the 1st and 15th, but in bootcamp, they are still processing paperwork so you generally won't see ANY paycheck until he hits about week 6 of training (sometimes faster sometimes slower), but it will have ALL his pay to catch him up on it. It will also have the first portion of initial issue taken out of it though (total that's around $700) so it might not be so fantastic. He'll get it eventually, the first ones just a little slow.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #10
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia taylor View Post
Thanks that gives me a good idea of what to expect. Did your husband receive BHA on the first paycheck?
Just for information...even your BAH will be divided in half, so 1/2 on the 1st and the next on the 15th.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-29-2014, 02:34 AM   #11
bluecoatmn

bluecoatmn is on a distinguished road

Does anyone even if everyone gets E-1 pay in boot camp or would I get E-3 pay if I am an E-3?
Old 12-29-2014, 06:42 AM   #12
llamayamaa

llamayamaa is on a distinguished road

I went in as an E3 and got paid as an E3, but everyone is referred to at the E1 title- "recruit."
Old 12-28-2015, 05:41 AM   #13
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Please don't bump old threads. It promotes outdated information. Feel free to start a new thread.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
Closed Thread