NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 04-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
blueberripie

blueberripie is on a distinguished road
Question Question about 'Head' Division and graduation

This is from a lady who's husband is in the same division as my son and she posted this on the Navy Recruit Training facebook page.

Looking for details: I got a letter from my SR today- He explained that his Div (152) is a "Head" Division. They are a week and a half ahead of other divisions that graduation May 18th. He mentioned that they only have 22 days of training and 10 days to wait for graduation (Letter was dated 4/16/12) So they have 18 days of training now.. Wondering- what do they do during those 10 days. Will they get more communication or can the family go out eariler? Not sure on details. Thanks!

Thank you for any info. I can't imagine these guys having to wait 10 days to graduate, I'd go bonkers if it were me LOL
blueberripie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

I would be skeptical of this...but maybe that recruit misunderstood something along the way. Sundays are not counted as training days, so that counts for a few of the days he/she may not understand. Some divisions do have their Battle Stations up to 5 to even 6 days ahead of PIR, and as far as family going out earlier to see them...NO, NO ONE will be seeing their recruit until AFTER PIR...

This is the most current PIR dates:
http://www.bootcamp.navy.mil/upcoming_grads.asp

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
blueberripie

blueberripie is on a distinguished road

I talked to my nephew yesterday and he told me his division did Battle Stations like 5 days before graduation, he graduated in February 2012, and afterwards they got to make an hour phone call.

This may sound odd but when I see my son I want to see him marching with his division and being so choked up with pride I can't talk and not a day before his graduation.

I'm kind of skeptical too, both my DIL and I got letters from my son and he never mentioned being 'Head' division or being a week ahead. So I don't know. Told my DIL that just through off my reviewing the Day per Day post LOL
blueberripie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

The recruits, or now new sailors after passing Battle Stations, generally DO get to make a long call home!

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote