NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Special Warfare > EOD = EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL TECHNICIAN

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-16-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
Judavis91

Judavis91 is on a distinguished road
Default EOD

Hey Guys prior Army, Training for EOD PST I'm in pretty good shape 9 min 1.5 Mile run 14 Pull-ups and 80 Push-ups 87 Sit-ups just gotta work on that darn Swim cant seem to get the strokes down Should I Hire a Personal trainer? or just take a Swim class to learn basic stroke, I can tread water for an hour I'm not swim stupid just Stroke stupid any help would be great and criticism is great too keeps the wits up!
Judavis91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #2
Gremmin

Gremmin is on a distinguished road

what have you been doing to practice so far? For me I would be watching videos on proper swim technique but if you are still doing it wrong you won't really know. If you go and take some swim classes you will have someone there to walk you through it. But youtube is free and classes can be expensive.
Gremmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
Judavis91

I Hear ya there, I Have been watching the videos but I just cant get it down pat, I run out of energy way too quick, I got a seal trainee helping me next week so I can get some good practice in, he has a 8 min swim with excellent technique.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #4
Gremmin

Gremmin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judavis91 View Post
I Hear ya there, I Have been watching the videos but I just cant get it down pat, I run out of energy way too quick, I got a seal trainee helping me next week so I can get some good practice in, he has a 8 min swim with excellent technique.
well that will be way better than watching videos. sounds like you are set. good luck
Gremmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

I was in the same boat when working on my dive contract. Couple things you can do: find someone in your recruiting office that knows the stroke or has a spec ops contract and ask them, or have your recruiter hook you up with your regions dive motivator and give them a call to hook you up with someone in your area. Watching videos on YouTube and teaching myself only got me so far, after one workout with a guy from my dep pool with an SO contract I dropped over a minute off of my time. Find someone to give you pointers, it's worth it.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:10 PM   #6
Judavis91

Thumbs up

I'll Definitely get in touch with the Regional Motivator and Thanks for the Great advice I'm helping the Seal run and He is Helping me swim. I've tried Teaching myself the only thing I could do was practice the kick off and glide Also I'm Studying the Navy dive book I got off the internet any pointers on what I should focus on?
Old 09-16-2014, 06:16 PM   #7
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Check out Team Eagle One. They do a lot of swim prep.
http://teameagleone.com

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #8
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

Right now just focus on your swim, don't let up on your other workouts, but really put time into stroke development. Don't worry about anything else until you at least get your contract. I wouldn't worry about the dive book at all, there is a time for that but it's way down the road. Focus on your stroke then work on weighted treads and water confidence.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #9
Judavis91

Alright I will definitely focus on the Work out routine and the Swim. I swim everyday except Sunday so hopefully I will get it down soon enough!
Old 09-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #10
Judavis91

Ok so I have been doing really well with the workout routine and swim routine but I ran into a snag recruiter wont send me to meps till he gets the ok from the "specwar" guy at meps..........sounds fishy to me