NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
navybound7

navybound7 has a spectacular aura about
Default Showers in Bootcamp

So this may be a dumb question... but how long do you get to shower? also, is there enough hot water? if I was to wake up early, could I take a longer shower?

Last edited by LT Guppy; 08-16-2014 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Title
navybound7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
Spook

Spook will become famous soon enough

Showering can take place only within certain times, so waking up early wont help much with showering. However, waking up earlier can eliminate other early morning activities like shaving. Showers are really short, so hit the sweat spots quick. A few girls came back from RTC and said showers were 6 minutes. Someone screwed up and they were cut to 4. As for the temperature, I'm not so sure.
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #3
etorres313

etorres313 is on a distinguished road

Also on sundays you get "hollywood showers" ive heard them called you get a bit longer to bathe yourself
etorres313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #4
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

"Hygiene"... aka showering... is scheduled for 45 minutes. In those 45 minutes, the entire division of ~80 Recruits need to rotate through the showers, clean the entire bathroom after use (To include drying the walls), clean the compartment, and be dressed and on the toe-line. You'll usually go in groups and be given 4-6min to shower... most likely you'll be sharing a shower head with someone where one person soaps up, while the other steps forward and rinses.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #5
Agrias
**Active Duty**

Agrias is on a distinguished road

Or you can be in my division with 103 people. You'll realize real quick some people just don't shower.
Agrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:16 AM   #6
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasino View Post
most likely you'll be sharing a shower head with someone where one person soaps up, while the other steps forward and rinses.
...If your division mates aren't a bunch of spoiled shower princesses and insist on having a shower head to themselves for their entire excessively long process, leaving you to wet down as best you can with steam and splash water.

During holiday routine on Sundays, you can do whatever you want (within reason), including taking as long a shower as you like. I never saw the hot water run out, despite everyone's best efforts.

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:53 AM   #7
JoeSpook

JoeSpook is on a distinguished road

Very helpful info. I keep trying to shorten my shower times at home in order to practice, but I work as a Personal Banker through the week, so I kinda need to show up to work squeaky clean. Upper management is not impressed with even the slightest body odor, even if I am doing it to join the world's best Navy. :P
JoeSpook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #8
Agrias
**Active Duty**

Agrias is on a distinguished road

In hindsight I realized that most people that come on this site are paranoid and is freaked out about boot camp for no reason, I'm guilty of it also when I was in dep. Outside of keeping yourself in shape to pass the pfa, nothing else really needs to be prepared. The will literally hold your hand, just do what you're told, when you're told, and not a moment sooner. Especially with the stenciling, listen to instructions first.
Agrias is offline   Reply With Quote