NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Hospital Corpsmen G000, L500

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
scalawa

scalawa is on a distinguished road
Default HMDA what to study???

im going to boot camp as an HMDA, i need to know what resources i should be studying for A and C school?? not a genius so i need to prepare myself as much as i can befor i go to A and C school
scalawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

I cant give you any idea on what to study...but it has been many a new sailors experience that you really dont need to pre-study for anything as they always want you to learn what ever it is.."The Navy Way"..my son found that out even in nuke school! You might just get an idea on some medical terms, maybe some basic biology.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
Diesirae27

Diesirae27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalawa View Post
im going to boot camp as an HMDA, i need to know what resources i should be studying for A and C school?? not a genius so i need to prepare myself as much as i can befor i go to A and C school
http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4749
Diesirae27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
FutureHM

FutureHM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesirae27 View Post
HM =/= HMDA

I would just follow sweetmtn's advice. There's no need to prepare for A-School when you haven't even done basic yet. Should just take one step at a time.
FutureHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #5
notjustaUSNwife

notjustaUSNwife is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureHM View Post
HM =/= HMDA

I would just follow sweetmtn's advice. There's no need to prepare for A-School when you haven't even done basic yet. Should just take one step at a time.
While HM and HMDA are not one in the same, HMDA's still go to the same A School as HM's, making the posted thread not entirely useless. Going in HMDA simply means you have a C-School garaunteed in your contract. However, I do agree it's best to be concerned about basic training right now. Take it one day...or school...at a time. Don't get ahead of yourself.
notjustaUSNwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
matzo

matzo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustaUSNwife View Post
While HM and HMDA are not one in the same, HMDA's still go to the same A School as HM's, making the posted thread not entirely useless. Going in HMDA simply means you have a C-School garaunteed in your contract. However, I do agree it's best to be concerned about basic training right now. Take it one day...or school...at a time. Don't get ahead of yourself.

THIS^
HMDA still go to the same A-school... Studying the manual would not be a bad idea...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHCAfmL2U7I this girl is a HMDA but gives a good look into school
matzo is offline   Reply With Quote