NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Special Warfare > ND = NAVY DIVER

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 02-06-2016, 01:55 AM   #1
ladow22

ladow22 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Cross training into ND

Has anyone or does anyone know how difficult it is to cross train into a SO job such as ND? I have heard it is challenging to stay fit enough while on sea duty and such.. but i am convinced I'm just not in shape enough yet to be able to pass the diver training if i got a contract.
ladow22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:28 PM   #2
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladow22 View Post
Has anyone or does anyone know how difficult it is to cross train into a SO job such as ND? I have heard it is challenging to stay fit enough while on sea duty and such.. but i am convinced I'm just not in shape enough yet to be able to pass the diver training if i got a contract.
I have a few friends in spec ops.

You'll have plenty of time to stay in shape because that's part of your job. Not being in shape can get you or your friends killed, so you'll be given the chance to stay in shape. Don't worry.

The biggest thing you need to worry about it being prepared for the training and then making it through.

/r
CTT1
Old 02-06-2016, 11:41 PM   #3
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

The hard part is going to be cross rating. It's very hard for people who are already in to get into ND. The only way to guarantee your shot is to earn a contract before you ship out.