NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-17-2017, 11:35 AM   #1
Karin1372

Karin1372 is on a distinguished road
Default 13 week boot camp???

My son just heard from a friend who graduated boot camp in October that boot camp is going to be 13 weeks long next year. Has anyone heard of that? If so when will it go into effect?
Karin1372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
Avionicsguy

Avionicsguy is on a distinguished road

i heard they're going to focus on damage control the extra 4 weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCGbMr6-F9g
Avionicsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:02 AM   #3
contigo26

contigo26 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin1372 View Post
My son just heard from a friend who graduated boot camp in October that boot camp is going to be 13 weeks long next year. Has anyone heard of that? If so when will it go into effect?
Yes that rumor has been heard around. But wait for the official response as far of now nothing is confirmed.
contigo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:06 PM   #4
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

It's been rumored for decades. It may actually happen at some point, but you'll get a lot more notice than one month. There's a lot of logistics that would have to into such a change - more RDCs, more compartment/ships being used, ship dates would change to accommodate it (probably moving earlier) etc etc. Most changes to bootcamp have trial runs on a select number of divisions long before it's implemented for everyone.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 03:57 PM   #5
Jrdsmama

Jrdsmama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin1372 View Post
My son just went to BC last week. His recruiter told him before he left they were adding an additional 2 weeks for sailorization. I guess this has been a pilot program up until this point and was administered during INDOC at A school. It was always intended to be incorporated in to BC and it looks as though now that is being implemented. Having said that, I cannot find anyting on the RTC pages to confirm the final decision. One of the admins on the FB forum called their liaison at RTC and they were told BC is still 8 weeks. Another mom confirmed with her son that his graduating class of 11/6 PIR was the last class to be 8 weeks of BC. But again, no official word that I can find. So I cannot confirm until I get his form letter with his PIR date.
Jrdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote