NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-14-2017, 08:00 PM   #1
Funkymiss

Funkymiss is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Off to ODS- can't do push-ups!

Hello, I leave to ODS in 5 weeks. I'm 29, a registered nurse going in as an officer , not overweight, but also not in physical shape to do push-ups yet! I've joined the gym and I'm trying, but right now I can only do 3 push-ups. Will they send me home on day 1? I found a document online that says 12 push ups is "probationary" . Do I need to be able to do 12 on the first test to be able to stay? Any and all insight would be appreciated ! I'm very stressed out regarding this portion of ODS and have nobody else to ask.

Thank you so much.
Funkymiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
scott.henry

scott.henry is on a distinguished road

They won't send you home on Day 1, but you have to be able to pass the PFA to graduate. You will have several chances to pass. It definitely behooves you to be able to pass before you get there. Just make pushups a part of your daily routine. If you find yourself with a free minute during the day, do some pushups. Remember to concentrate on proper form. It doesn't matter if you do 100 pushups, if the form isn't correct, they don't count. Just do as many correct pushups as you can several times a day and you'll eventually find yourself doing more each time. I'm sure you will get lots of practice doing pushups at ODS as well, even if you can already pass the PFA.

"If you can't write it down, you don't understand it."
-ADM H.G. Rickover
scott.henry is offline   Reply With Quote