NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 01-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #1
CSSEsaw

CSSEsaw is on a distinguished road
Unhappy shower situation

how do you get comfortable with you body to the point you dont care about showering with 80 men at a time?
and I don't believe he brought me this far to leave me.
CSSEsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

When I was there, hygiene was the only time our RDC's weren't directly supervising us and we were able to laugh and joke around... that makes it less awkward.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
BubbaGumps64

BubbaGumps64 is on a distinguished road

I've been told that you don't get a lot of time for hygiene in boot camp, it's been referred to as a "car wash," you're in and out pretty quick. So you probably won't have a lot of time to worry about other people that are also showering.

But with the whole concept of being comfortable with your body is something you will have to personally deal with.
BubbaGumps64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #4
llamayamaa

llamayamaa is on a distinguished road

I can't answer your question from a male's perspective, but from a female's:

It's hard at first but you'll get use to it. The first couple of showers are awkward, but you're in such a rush to get things taken care of that you hardly have time to notice the people around you. Also, you get so nasty at bootcamp that any opportunity to get cleaned up is welcomed. One thing I kept telling myself over and over again was, "just make yourself invisible and get it done." In bootcamp, everybody is stripped down and torn apart (mentally) so there is no place for cliques or bullies or high minded egos. Everyone is equal, no matter how tall, short, thin, or fat you are.

Something that might be worth pointing out- you'll never shower with your entire division. There are only so many shower heads so you'll be rotating in and out at a quick pace. I'd say about a dozen at a time?
llamayamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:09 PM   #5
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

The first time you'll probably be too tired to care. After that, you're with these people 24/7, it's really not a big deal.

Like Haasino said, hygiene time is a welcome break, and a chance to actually talk and laugh.

(Another female perspective)

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #6
CSSEsaw

CSSEsaw is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy2010 View Post
The first time you'll probably be too tired to care. After that, you're with these people 24/7, it's really not a big deal.

Like Haasino said, hygiene time is a welcome break, and a chance to actually talk and laugh.

(Another female perspective)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaGumps64 View Post
I've been told that you don't get a lot of time for hygiene in boot camp, it's been referred to as a "car wash," you're in and out pretty quick. So you probably won't have a lot of time to worry about other people that are also showering.

But with the whole concept of being comfortable with your body is something you will have to personally deal with.

I have a new look on it ... you don't wanna be known as the guy that doesn't shower hahahaha!
and I don't believe he brought me this far to leave me.
CSSEsaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awkward, body, shower