NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Back From Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
Iamchriswest

Iamchriswest is on a distinguished road

Oh alright, makes sense. Ima try my hardest to be in the too cause i dont want to end up with something i dont like. I really dont want to get fixed wing but if it happens it happens.
Iamchriswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #2
Bingle

Bingle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by John213AV View Post
From what I understand from a friend who just went through A school as an AT, you do get a dream sheet. If your the top of your class you will get to pick what u want for orders. So you wil see that if you want to be in San Diego and work on a helo, then pick that order.

If your not at the top ( I think top 1-3 get to pick) then you will get out into whatever is available that closest fits what you wanted.

Make sense?
This is basically how it works, but it's still needs of the Navy. Not all orders will be available when you finish class. When I finished it was mostly hawkeyes and f18 that were open.... I got lucky and got the e-6b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamchriswest View Post
Oh alright, makes sense. Ima try my hardest to be in the too cause i dont want to end up with something i dont like. I really dont want to get fixed wing but if it happens it happens.
Sorry for slow reply, I haven't been on here in a while. haha..
Well as far as getting what you want....getting even 1st place in the class doesn't even mean you will for sure. There are only so many orders to each place and most of the time they good ones are gone haha.
Bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #3
John213AV

John213AV is on a distinguished road

Bingle what makes it a "good one" vs. a "crap one"

F18'a sound pretty sweet no?

Is it the location that sucks a big one? You say your lucky to get on the E-6b but why would you say thats better than a Hawkeye? No deployment? Just curious!

I have thought San Diego would be a great place to be stationed and would still probably be my number one pick, however i am a northeast guy and have all my family here and have been thinking recently somewhere in the Virginia wouldn't be terrible either.
John213AV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
JaxSailor22

JaxSailor22 is on a distinguished road

Good and bad orders is all just a perception thing. It's all what you think you'll like and where you think you might like to be. I was top in my class and my first two choices weren't available to select. I ended up west coast when I had wanted east, and got rotary when I thought I wanted fixed wing- and I could not be happier with how things turned out.
JaxSailor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #5
fellawip

fellawip is on a distinguished road

How long is A school for AE or AT? And I know what the sheet says but I'm looking for someone who has actually been there or know someone.
fellawip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:41 PM   #6
collacor

collacor is on a distinguished road
Smile

all the questions I have are here and you have answered
collacor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #7
Agrias
**Active Duty**

Agrias is on a distinguished road

AT right now is looking at being in Pensacola for 6-7 months, AEs is around the same. AE schooling is shorter, they just spent more time on hold.
Agrias is offline   Reply With Quote