NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Nuclear Program (NUC) > NUKE = NUCLEAR POWER FIELD

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-06-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
cobalt
**Active Duty**

cobalt has a spectacular aura about

There are plenty of pictures of the site online, I suggest you just let them google that s*** :P but as it comes to general rules and policies, and most importantly LIBERTY we can answer most of those questions :P

Oh, and don't **** with the wild life. Seriously, don't be the kid who thought it would be funny to poke a snake with a stick or throw rocks at an alligator.
cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:18 AM   #2
shortstuff

shortstuff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
There are plenty of pictures of the site online, I suggest you just let them google that s*** :P but as it comes to general rules and policies, and most importantly LIBERTY we can answer most of those questions :P

Oh, and don't **** with the wild life. Seriously, don't be the kid who thought it would be funny to poke a snake with a stick or throw rocks at an alligator.
Believe me cobalt I have spent enough time in the boy scout program that I know to leave the wildlife alone

How often do you get liberty while in Charleston and what kind of limitations are involved?

Ship Date: 20160112
Nuke Field

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
-Winston Churchill
shortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:26 AM   #3
shortstuff

shortstuff is on a distinguished road

Also what if any outdoor activities (camping, fishing, hunting etc) are available while in school? I understand that there probably isn't time at all but just asking out of curiosity.

Ship Date: 20160112
Nuke Field

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
-Winston Churchill
shortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:22 AM   #4
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
My son told me stories about a certain gator near one of the docks! I guess someone tried to pee on it, and it can kind of jump rather high!

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
Atom_breaker

Atom_breaker will become famous soon enough

There are alligators all over base. You'll see them often. There is a bigger swamp nearby that has a lot more alligators. Also they have fishing and hunting there. There is an Outdoor Adventure Center on base that allows you to rent anything outdoorsy you can imagine. I just went Kayaking on base a few days ago. It was so fun. Make sure you do it! They rent bikes, there are many bike trails around. Again just be careful with animals. Wear bug spray everywhere. You'll have liberty every weekend. Go to Charleston, go to the beach, go fishing, play video games.. do anything you want. For a few weeks you'll have to stay in uniform. Then you'll get civvies (regular clothes) abilities.

Hyman G. Rickover

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

Winston Churchill
Atom_breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:03 PM   #6
Atom_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmtn View Post
My son told me stories about a certain gator near one of the docks! I guess someone tried to pee on it, and it can kind of jump rather high!
Knowing how much the military *loves* power points, one of the slides they love to show is a Master Chief that went fishing and lost his arm to an alligator. They actually have pictures of the gator with the arm in its mouth!

Hyman G. Rickover

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

Winston Churchill
Old 08-07-2015, 03:58 PM   #7
Poonmonsoon182

Poonmonsoon182 has much to be proud ofPoonmonsoon182 has much to be proud ofPoonmonsoon182 has much to be proud ofPoonmonsoon182 has much to be proud of

When it comes to rooming arrangements, if you're over 21 will your roomates be over 21?

NF 20151221
Poonmonsoon182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 04:13 PM   #8
Atom_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonmonsoon182 View Post
When it comes to rooming arrangements, if you're over 21 will your roomates be over 21?
NO. No alcohol on site at all! I've had a few room moves now and multiple roommates, all different ages and progress in the pipeline. There is a bar less than 30 seconds off site though. Right next to the Subway.

Hyman G. Rickover

Winston Churchill
Old 08-07-2015, 04:32 PM   #9
Poonmonsoon182

Poonmonsoon182 has much to be proud ofPoonmonsoon182 has much to be proud ofPoonmonsoon182 has much to be proud ofPoonmonsoon182 has much to be proud of

Shit, really? I know you can drink in the barracks in the fleet, but no alcohol in the barracks whatsoever? Is that unique to the nuke pipeline, or is that all training commands? I don't want anyone to think I'm an alcoholic or anything, but that's a real bummer.

NF 20151221
Poonmonsoon182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #10
Atom_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonmonsoon182 View Post
Shit, really? I know you can drink in the barracks in the fleet, but no alcohol in the barracks whatsoever? Is that unique to the nuke pipeline, or is that all training commands? I don't want anyone to think I'm an alcoholic or anything, but that's a real bummer.
Not sure. Alcohol is very taboo here. Most of the NJP's are alcohol related. I have a lot of married friends, I legally go drink at their houses (civilian housing is a plus) and then crash there. Even being drunk of base well get investigations started around here..

Hyman G. Rickover

Winston Churchill

Tags
a school, hold, nnptc, nuke, ttrack