NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTI = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN INTERPRETIVE

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #12
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemelle1 View Post
So, I scored a 103 on the DLAB, but I have experience speaking Japanese and living in Asia...so do you guys think I have a chance at a CAT 4 language? I'm hoping so. I kind of rushed myself on the test and am not happy with my score, but there was a 6 month wait to retake so I went ahead with my original score. I was hoping for Mandarin or Korean but that's probably not going to happen.
A 103 is going to get you Spanish. Anything else is a shot in the dark. Language experience only really helps if you have the scores to back it up. You may be given a chance to retestin boot camp, but don't count on it.

Also, as a general precaution, your time spent in Asia may complicate things. You might get through school but then be stuck on hold for months/years unable to do the job. I have some acquaintances that this has happened to.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote