NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > STG = SONAR TECHNICIAN SURFACE

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 04-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
NAVYSTG86

NAVYSTG86 is on a distinguished road
Default STG/AEF-Bases-Ships

Hello, I signed up for the STG/AEF rating, what bases can we work from and which ships are the best for this rating?
NAVYSTG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
ejrwelch
**Active Duty**

ejrwelch is on a distinguished road

this was my first rate I signed for before getting my DAR for CTI... The research I did on it primarily gave me the idea that STGs were only on small boys (destroyers, cruisers, frigates) which is great because there are many more/different port calls then the carriers! I also got the general idea that Norfolk and San Diego are the two big home ports with a few other possibilities... Yahoo answers and military.com were BIG helps with the research I did! Seems like it is an awesome rating with a lot of sea time and camaraderie within it!
ejrwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
NAVYSTG86

NAVYSTG86 is on a distinguished road
Default STG/AEF

Thank you, I will definitely look up those sites and I heard that the smaller the more work you do, because I was hoping to go overseas like Europe. Is it good to go overseas now or to stay in the US for first timers?
NAVYSTG86 is offline   Reply With Quote