NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTN = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN NETWORKS

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
KreTo

KreTo is on a distinguished road
Default Security Clearance Issues

Hi all!

I don't know if anyone here can help me out but I have a question that has been irritating me for about a week now. October I signed as a YN. At the time my Girlfriend was not a citizen. In December she obtained her citizenship. In January I was able to Re-rate into CTN.

Now... She comes from a military household. Her mother is a Cuban citizen (no intention of becoming a citizen, legal resident). Her STEPFATHER is a US Army Sergent Major (E-9). Her biological father is Hungarian, no affiliation with her at all and she has no real communication with him.

I inquired about marriage to the intelligence office in TN and they said that since she is now a citizen we can get married with no repercussions against my seeking a TSSC for my potential CTN position. They would just need her immigration paperwork, a copy of her Birth Certificate, and a copy of our marriage licence.

NOW... We are married (tied the knot on April 5th)... They have all of her information. I have signed the financial paperwork. My recruiter, however, just asked for the birth certificates of my in-laws. He also mentioned that if I failed to provide this information that my job is in danger of being pulled from me... I thought that in-laws weren't apart of the single scope background check for a TSSC and does anyone know if this is going to hurt my ability to maintain my CTN rate?

Any help will help put my worries to rest and he isn't the best at answering questions.

Thanks! KreTo
KreTo is offline   Reply With Quote