NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-19-2017, 07:28 PM   #1
bwall0430

bwall0430 is on a distinguished road
Default Working out in boot camp

I leave August 21st with and AIRC contract, just curious is it possible to find time to workout yourself even if you don't PT enough in RDC? I'm just trying to keep myself in shape for aircrew school and in general like being in shape. I've heard boot camp can make you out of shape.
bwall0430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:31 PM   #2
bwall0430

bwall0430 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall0430 View Post
I leave August 21st with and AIRC contract, just curious is it possible to find time to workout yourself even if you don't PT enough in RDC? I'm just trying to keep myself in shape for aircrew school and in general like being in shape. I've heard boot camp can make you out of shape.
Also can you request to be put in 800 division?
bwall0430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:27 PM   #3
contigo26

contigo26 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall0430 View Post
I graduated bootcamp last week. We rarely worked out. Like 1-2 a week. Running at least once a week at least from my division. Our RDC's mentioned you can workout like do pushups or situps or whatever in your racks after TAPS or lights out! We even got people doing pushups right on top of their racks since you can only have 7 people out of the racks. lol.

Last edited by contigo26; 07-23-2017 at 12:54 PM.
contigo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:05 AM   #4
BonzerAsp
**Active Duty**

BonzerAsp is on a distinguished road

Just work out after TAPS. We had people running laps, doing push ups, all sorts of stuff. Definitely didn't follow the 7 person rule. In fact, our RDCs encouraged working out after TAPS (Unofficially of course). 800 divisions are reserved for special contracts such as EOD, SO, ND, ect ect.

"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington

BonzerAsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:50 AM   #5
Barbazu

Barbazu is on a distinguished road

Technically speaking, you're not supposed to do any individual pt. But many people will do it anyway after taps. Just don't get caught. You'll get beat occasionally by your RDCs. And you will go run once a week. Also you'll have a couple of times that you'll go do this functional fitness thing - I can't remember what it's called. It's actually a decent workout. We did pull ups in the laundry room and push-ups in our racks.
Barbazu is offline   Reply With Quote