NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Pass In Review (Graduation)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #1
Craig
Administrator

Craig has disabled reputation
Default Red Fridays - Make sure you're seen at PIR!!!

Here is a little secret that will help you....

PIR is a busy event. The people in the audience are trying to find you, as much as you are trying to locate them. So why not make it easy?

Choose a colored shirt, example Red, that your family can wear to your PIR. By doing this you can easily spot them in the crowd because they are all sitting together wearing the same shirts. You can then stand there thinking to yourself, "Geez, would all these Navy officals shut-up so I can be with my family."

My family did this, and it worked great!

(Note: Wearing Red or any other color is not for Wives, Husbands, BF, or GF. Why? Because these sailors haven't seen a hot looking male or female for at least 8 weeks. You want them to go crazy waiting to be with you while they are standing at PIR. So you put on your nice clothes and make yourself look hot! Remember, you'll only be wearing those nice clothes for a limited time before they end wadded up at the end of the bed. If you know what I mean...)

Lastly, Why did we wear red? It's tradition!!!

Red Fridays -

The tradition of wearing red on Friday was started in Canada to encouraged people to dress in the color red or wear something with red every Friday, to show their support to their troops until all
of them return home. This tradition has now made it's way to the U.S.

- Wearing red promotes the support for our men and women who serve our country.

- It honors our military has made many sacrifices in the name of peace, not only for U.S. but for many other countries around the world.

- It shows that we care and honor those who fought for our freedom, our peace, our resolve.

- The goal is to show non-partisan support for our military troops, it does not support any particular policy, political position, agenda or the nature of military missions. This support is for all U.S. Troops regardless of their activity if its here or abroad.

- As Americans we need to show support for our men and women that place themselves in harms way for all Americans. They are our National Treasure.

- United we stand for peace in America no matter of opinion, creed, religion, color or race.

Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
NavyMom2007

NavyMom2007 is on a distinguished road

I wear red every Friday unless I'm wearing my pink Navy Mom t-shirt. I've even gotten fellow teachers to wear them, too.

PIR 03-30-07 http://www.photoshow.com/watch/zX8Zq9Cv

NavyMom2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Thinking WAY back...I wore red to my son's PIR, and I dont remember planning it that way...

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote